i'ma let my love unfold

this one's a lil shorter!! i've not been feeling too well but-- here we go! i've been trying to come up with some sort of schedule but for now, expect random updates :)

ALSO APPARENTLY COOPER IS SHORTER THAN TRAVIS AND IM SKDJWJDKSKDKSJDE W H A T

cooper is apparently 5'11 and travis is 6'1/6'2 or around that

edit; travis tiny he 5'9 im jus dumbdumb

title is from hide - juice wrld!

prompt; "i can't stop thinking about how i wanna marry you and just end up popping the question randomly."

word count; 1,152

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

it's been sort of a lazy day for travis.

he'd thought about possibly streaming in a little bit, but decided against it. it'd probably fuck up his sleep schedule more than it already is, and so he simply focused on editing a video he recorded a few days prior. rain gently taps against his windows and he yawns, muffling the noise into his hand, hearing the door to his bedroom open and feet shuffling across his carpet as he works.

"travis?" he looks up from his computer and smiles at his sleepy boyfriend, who's finally decided to wake up at four in the afternoon. cooper's arms wrap around his shoulders, and lips are pressed against his temple. "g'morning," cooper murmurs and travis chuckles softly.

"it's the afternoon, actually." cooper huffs, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. "i made you breakfast but you wouldn't get up so it's cold. it's in the microwave, jus' make sure you take out the fork before you heat it up this time? i don't think carson can afford another microwave."

"fuckin'- that was one time, travis, and i already apologised. shaking my head, always bringing up old shit." travis snorts, turning to flick cooper's forehead before the other pulls away, leaving one last lingering kiss to travis' cheek, then heading out to the kitchen to eat.

no matter how many times he'll downright refuse it, travis genuinely is in love with cooper. the blond literally completes him, and he has no clue where he'd be if it weren't for cooper. he can't imagine a life without him, and he finds himself subconsciously reaching for the tiny box hidden behind his computer. cooper's blindass can't see it there, which makes it the perfect hiding spot, and he smiles softly thinking about what he has planned for when he proposes.

he hasn't really put together the big romantic speech or whatever for the proposal, but honestly? frick that. it's a very overused trope, and cooper isn't the type for romantic stuff. which is fine with him, he's never been too into romantic stuff either, but this is still a big thing.

"hey, travis! we're out of milk, want me to go pick some up?" he jolts and turns, hearing the fridge door close and the slide of cooper's stupid, mismatched socks against the hardwood floor. he appears in travis' doorway, a lopsided grin gracing his face, and travis finds himself smiling back.

"yeah, yeah. might wanna go get some more cereal too, we only have stupid bland cheerios now, 'n some coffee, i think? toss in some eggs too, we're out of those." cooper snorts.

"what do you mean? i'm right here, stinky," travis laughs, tossing a pen at him, watching his boyfriend yelp and duck before it can hit him. "you always miss. anyways, anything else? if you can't think of anything right now just text me before i leave the store." travis pouts and turns back to his computer, waving him off. "no 'i love you'? wow, harsh," cooper teases.

"i love you! now get outta here and go buy milk, idiot," he calls, listening to cooper laugh as he slides on his shoes, then their apartment door opening and closing firmly as silence fills the apartment.

travis hates silence. that's partially why he does youtube and twitch streams, he loves playing with his friends and enjoying the company, their voices and laughter filling the air as they exchange jokes and crappy stories, it makes him happy. he loves all his friends, even if he doesn't say so, and as for cooper?

he wouldn't be about to propose if he didn't love him.

he saves his finished video and starts exporting it, aiming to get it out either later tonight or early in the morning tomorrow, and leaves his room, tucking the small black box into his hoodie pocket. travis curls up on their couch and grabs the remote, turning on a random tv show on netflix that he probably won't even pay attention to what's on, simply just wanting it on to fill the silence.

he doesn't remember dozing off, blearily blinking his eyes open as the door closes and cooper kicks off his shoes, gently placing the bags of groceries on the table and walking over to travis. he sits down next to him and travis rubs his eyes, leaning against cooper's shoulder.

"what time's it?" travis asks softly, and cooper checks the time on his phone.

"around seven. you sleep okay?" travis nods and tilts his head up, pressing his lips to the corner of cooper's mouth. cooper smiles, moving to gently fit their lips together, palms cupping travis' cheeks.

"go put away the stuff before you get too comfortable, coopie," travis mumbles, sitting up and leaning away from cooper, and the taller laughs, standing and pressing a kiss to travis' forehead and shuffling off to put the groceries where they belong. when cooper comes back, travis is standing, the box in hand.

"what's that?" cooper asks, the corners of his mouth twitching up into a small smile, and travis shrugs awkwardly, opening the box and showing cooper the ring. it's a simple ring - just a simple gold band with a silver strip running through the middle - and cooper smiles wider. the rain beats down against the window and travis grins, face flushing ever so slightly as he starts talking.

"listen, coop, i just- i really love you, you know that. i can't spend the rest of my life without you, dude, so this is me, asking you if you wanna join me in the fantastic acid-trip that will be our married lives, i guess?" cooper laughs, loud and happy, and lunges forward, fingers tightly gripping travis' stupid hoodie and pulling him into a kiss, tears pricking to the corners of his eyes.

"you unromantic fuck, of course i'll marry you," cooper laughs and drags travis over to the couch, flopping down and pulling travis down next to him. he peeks at the ring inside the box and gently brushes his fingertips across the band, sniffling softly. "of course you had to go and pop the question first." cooper murmurs quietly, shifting so travis is pressed against the side of his chest, arms wrapping around the other's waist. travis takes the ring from the box and slides it on cooper's finger, placing the box on the windowsill and looking back up at his now-fiance.

"course i did, like i said, i can't imagine living a life without you." the shorter says earnestly, pressing his lips against cooper's cheek and yawning.

"i can't believe you're still tired." cooper huffs, biting his lip to stifle a yawn and letting his own eyes flutter closed. to the beat of the rain and the beat of their hearts, they both drift off, wrapped comfortably in each other's arms, fit together like two puzzle pieces.