got me feeling like i'm falling in love

its currently four minutes to one am and im high as balls so if this is absolutely shit then im so sorry djdkxkwksn

uh most of this was very very unplanned and im super tired and also high so the writing do be kinda shitty doe

prompt; "there are thirty pizzas sitting outside of my house. why."

word count; 1239

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

cooper has a massive headache. 

he's woken up at the asscrack of dawn by one of his shitty roommates, travis, deciding to get high and play cs:go with carson, which ended up in carson breaking one of his monitors and needing cooper's credit card to order a new one, since he "has too much debt."

then carson had the bright idea to wake up everyone else in the house by blasting their 'boner jams' playlist, travis dancing along, and cooper vaguely wonders if their weed was laced. it does smell kinda funky, but then again, all weed smells funky. cooper would really have no problem with the songs and the smell of probably-laced weed if it weren't almost seven in the goddamn morning and he wasn't tired as fuck. carson really needs to get his priorities straight, he thinks, half tempted to grab his heelies and chuck one at carson's head.

after all that occurred, carson started streaming. and, again, cooper would have no problem with it if he wasn't currently playing a horror game and shrieking so loud, cooper could hear it from his bedroom. he loves carson, he really does, but his screaming isn't helping the pounding in cooper's head. 

so instead of doing what every sane person would do and tell carson to quiet down, he slips on his shoes and grabs his skateboard, closing the door to his bedroom quietly and rushing down the stairs, almost bumping into noah. the other just shoots him a look and a tiny smile as he leaves, waving ever-so-slightly as he takes a bottle of water to travis, who's still somehow high. 

maybe they should ground travis from weed. just a thought.

as soon as he's outside, he breathes in deeply, running and jumping onto his skateboard and feeling the wind through his hair as he rides smoothly down the road. he's got no clue where he's going, probably to the skate park, but he's honestly just glad he's away from the house.

he loves his roommates (travis more than the others, honestly), don't get him wrong, he just doesn't want to get too upset and end up saying shit he regrets. he's ruined enough friendships like that, and these guys are practically his only family. 

he pushes off with his foot as his board slows, sticking his hands in his pocket and listening to the birds chirping. skating helps with his headache, that same throbbing pain dulling down ever so slightly. he sighs, the skatepark coming into view as he continues to push off, letting his board slow down before eventually stepping off and leaning down to pick it up. 

he skates aimlessly around in the park for a while, thoughts of travis racing around in his head, only stopping when his phone vibrates against his thigh. he steps off his board and frowns, keeping it under his foot as he answers the call. 

"hello?" he says, mildly confused and irritated. he probably should've put his phone on do not disturb, honestly.

"cooper? yeah, dude, you mind coming back 'nd helping me out with travis?" noah rushes out, and cooper sighs. "it's been- it's been a few hours since you left, and i left the room for two moments to get him more water and now he's crying." 

"yeah, yeah, i'll be there in a few alright? shit, i didn't even realise i'd been out this long, sorry for just leaving you with cars' like that. you doin' alright?" 

"just stressed, i guess, i-i'm all worried about travis, he's never like this. you think somethin' might've happened?" noah shrugs - cooper can hear the shifting of fabric in the background and travis yelling, "pog!" distantly, then sobs. 

"or, y'know, maybe he's jus' doing it because he thinks it's fun. he gets like this sometimes, right? i'm on my way back, i'll be there in a few minutes." cooper's a little wobbly, but he ends the call and runs down the street nonetheless, making his way back to their shared house. once he's there, he props his skateboard against the side of the garage and unlocks the door, stepping inside, pants escaping his mouth. he kicks off his shoes and makes his way upstairs, pausing to take in the scene.

noah's standing at the top of the stairs, travis hanging off him, small hiccups escaping his mouth. as soon as travis sees cooper, however, he grins, walking over to his friend and droping himself over cooper's shoulders. noah stifles a laugh and cooper glares, then turns his attention back to travis, rubbing his back gently. 

"coopie, i missed ya," travis sniffles, burying his face in cooper's neck, "where'd you go?" cooper sighs quietly, leading travis into his room. travis sits down on cooper's bed, kicking his socked feet and smiling, tear tracks shining on his cheeks, and cooper feels the urge to go over to him and wipe them off.

"i went to go skate. you need some water?" at travis' nod, he leaves the bedroom and immediately stops. "noah? what's wrong?" 

noah is standing in the open door, arms limp by his sides and a confused frown on his face. he turns when he hears his name and shrugs. "this guy has thirty pizzas for us. says one of us ordered." cooper pauses, blinks.

"you said thirty, right?" 

"yep."

carson steps out of his room just as cooper wheels around to go find him. "oh, are the pizzas here? i asked travis to order some, i'm kinda hungry!" cooper sighs, rubbing his temples. 

"d'you have the money for thirty goddamn pizzas, carson?" carson blinks and shrugs.

"probably? honestly i didn't even ask for thirty, i asked for three." cooper sighs again - he's been doing that a lot today - and shrugs. "cooper, you good?"

"carson, please jus' pay for the pizza, please. i'm literally about to get on my knees and beg. the house is gunna smell like pizza for weeks, you fool." cooper digs his palms into his eyes and groans, grabbing the water bottle from the counter and shuffling back to his room. "travis?"

travis is curled on on cooper's bed, wrapped tightly in his blankets, and the taller can't help but smile at him. despite his evergrowing frustration, he finds some relief in seeing travis.

"coopie, i got cold, 'm sorry i messed up your bed." travis yawns, making an attempt to sit up but failing. cooper shrugs and sits down next to him, reaching over and carding his fingers through travis' hair.

"it's fine, trav, promise. you ordered thirty pizzas, huh? some exciting day you've had." travis giggles, pushing his head up into cooper's touch. the taller smiles softly, leaning down to press his lips again travis' forehead. "maybe you should get some sleep, hm? crashing down from that high won't be good." 

"only if you're gunna stay," the shorter whines softly, and cooper nods. 

"course i will." cooper tugs on the blankets and travis unwraps himself, holding the corner up for cooper to get under. "you comfy?" travis nods, pressing his face into cooper's chest, and cooper instinctively wraps his arms around travis.

"mm, thank you, coopie," travis mumbles, already well on his way to falling asleep, and even though cooper can't, what with carson's shouting and noah's retorts, he's comfortable and content to lay here for a while.  

"i love you," travis murmurs sleepily, and cooper flushes, smiling softly.

"i love you too."