my, my, how could i resist ya?

i watched a four hour outlast vod to write this :)) travis is so cute but he absolutely sucks at horror games smh

title is from mamma mia - austin weber

prompt; "you walked in on me while i was playing a horror game and i screamed out of sheer terror because i thought you were a demon coming to steal my soul but your laugh is really cute."

tw; multiple mentions of very minor character death, the cutting off of body parts.

word count; 2178

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

travis is hecka nervous.

he'd started his stream by thanking his subscribers and donators, then followed up with a warning to his viewers, telling them the game he's going to be playing, the first outlast, is probably going to be way too spooky for them (and himself), and he might end the stream soon because it'll get too scary. he starts the game, already getting chills down his spine. the music is so creepy, he can't help but feel the tiniest bit afraid.

why'd he have to play a horror game? why couldn't he just sit down and play minecraft or something? of course, it's too late now, he's opened the game and there's no going back once you've opened the game.

"hydration check." the text-to-speech voice says, and he straightens, taking his headphones off his ears. "oh, shoot, i actually do needa get my water bottle, be right back, thank you for that," he quickly leaves the room, slipping down the stairs in the process to go get it out of the kitchen. his arm is sore, but he's got his water bottle now, so that's a plus. he sits back down, putting his headphones on and staring at the title screen to the game.

it's not really that bad? the font is eerie, kinda looks like blood is splattered across the words to him, but he could be wrong. "i can't believe i fell down the stairs, chat," he chuckles softly, rubbing his elbow and arm. his feet hurt too, and so does his butt, but that's what happens when you run down the stairs whilst wearing socks. as he explains what happens, the game's music makes him feel on edge.

he chooses hard for game difficulty because why the heck not, and almost immediately regrets it, although it's too late to go back and change it. his chat points out that the game apparently has sexual content, and he wheezes softly.

"it has sexual content? i don't think i can play this game, chat, it has sexual content." he doesn't turn it off, though, figuring he'll find a way past all the explicit scenes. he reads the introduction, fumbling with his character's last name, and cringes at the asylum's name. "mount massive? oh, that's a scary name," he says, finishing up reading the intro and continuing.

throughout the first cutscene, he makes a few quips here and there, resisting the urge to click off of outlast. he isn't even twenty minutes into his stream and he already wants to end it, but he doesn't, not yet. the game isn't that scary, he tells himself, but when the wind blows and he sees a silhouette in the window, he shrieks, raising his camcorder in-game to zoom in on the figure, who backs away. he lets out a yawn and continues to play, screaming in pure terror when someone donates thirty dollars and a loud scream goes off.

"i fell out of my chair, chat!" he says, taking a few deep breaths. the game technically hasn't even started, but it's still probably the scariest game he's ever played. "augh, my chest," he moans, turning his focus back on the game, though his heart is beating so fast he's positive it's going to burst out of his chest. his character's breathy pants don't really help, adding to the suspense of the game, along with the eerie music flowing through his headphones and into his ears.

he hates this, the music, and the game, and the scream that happens every time a generous person donates thirty dollars, he hates it all. he pushes through, though, directing his character throughout the halls of the asylum. flies buzz in his ears and he wrinkles his nose, the noise making him the tiniest bit uncomfortable. of course, every single noise in this entire game unnerves him, and he's not afraid to admit this to his viewers.