Chapter 1- The newbie

I woke up to the sound of metal against metal. I slowly sat up and looked around. It was dark, but I could still see pretty well. There were boxes and four metal walls. I noticed that I had a dagger in my boot. Great at least I have protection. Wait... Where am I? Why am I here? Who took me? What's my name? Oh yeah, it's Harley. Good that. At least I remember my name.

I can feel the nerves in my whole body, my hands shaking, heart pounding. The pressure of how fast the box was going made it hard for me to move. I feel like I am going to melt like cheese through the small squares on the bottom. 

The box slowly stopped and I moved to a corner, still not getting on my feet. I feel too light like I'm about to pass out. As I started getting back to reality, making my body adjust to the still environment, the top started moving, bringing blinding light into the cage. I couldn't help but bring my head down near my knees. I wanted to stay there, the light hurting my eyes, but mostly fear overtaking my body, scared of what was behind the light.

I felt the metal rattle as if someone jumped on it. Too afraid to look I moved back as much as i could, wanting to melt into the wall.
"It's a girl!" A british accent calls out. That's when I decided to slowly look up. Meeting young boys eyes. In the light, his hair looked a bit red, but the shadow on one side showed a much nicer dirty blond colour. He looked sweet, as if he wasn't going to hurt me. But yet I don't know him, I have no thought of letting my guard down.

"Okay, okay let me through. Don't scare the girl!" I hear a female voice coming through the crowd. Not long after I see a teenage girl. This calmed me down a bit, just now noticing that everyone above were boys.

She was a redhead. She looked like she could stand up for herself, which made me calm down a bit. But what if she tries to hurt me. What if I'm some sort of sacrifice, sent to them to be eaten. Oh my god, I didn't think my heart could beat any faster. The anxiety was making my chest hurt, making it hard for me to breathe. I was trying to take a deep breath, but as much as I tried breathing in, no oxygen came. 

I felt the cage rattle again, some part of me noticing it was the girl that jumped in. 

"Hey there greenie, just breathe everything's okay. No one's going to hurt you." She whisper shouted, as she bent down next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I tried remembering to breathe and that it's all in my head. I'm the one stopping myself from breathing. I took one more big breath, finally letting oxygen into my lungs. Calming me down a bit. I wasn't sure if I should speak or stay quiet. But decided against my fears and lightly called out my name. A second later realizing I just said a word without meaning, immediately extending my hand to show that it's a greeting.

"Harley." I say extending my hand.
She shakes it gently, smiling lightly.
"Skye."

"Where am I?" I ask the main question on my mind.

"The glade. " She hops out of the box using a rope and motions me to climb it.

I shake my head lightly indicating to her that I have no idea what 'The glade' is. I follow her lead and walk near the rope. There was a single loop on the end indicating that's where the foots supposed to be put. I could already see that even with my foot on the rope i won't be able to reach the top easily, shit this is embarrassing what am I supposed to do now? I take a moment to think of what to do, realizing my only option was to test my strength. God I really hope I'm strong enough to do one pull up, if not maybe I'll just stay in the box forever, drowning in my feelings. 

Here goes nothing, I jump up, grabbing  the edge of the box, and pull myself up. I could feel my muscles tense up hurting a bit, probably from being still for long. But how long? How long have I been in that box? How long before that have I tried to do a pull up? That's not what I'm supposed to be thinking right now. But who's to tell me, it's my brain.