Chapter 9 - sweet day

Harley's POV

I was woken up by a cold breeze of air. I slowly sat up and noticed that I'm still on the watch tower. I must have fallen a sleep.

I also saw there was a blanket and a pillow. It smelled like apples and fire wood...

Minho...

Damn he smelled good. I have no idea how. He was a runner and from all that sweat, he should smell bad. But actually I kinda liked how his sweat smelled.

Damn it was strong. I never really noticed until now. The sheet has a very strong apple and fire wood smell.

So just like that it's my third wakeup in the glade. Well if you don't count the prank night then 3rd.

I stretched my arms out and yawned. I took the items in my hand and climbed down the ladder.

I saw that it was pretty early. I decided to retrieve Minho his stuff and then get a shower.

Since I haven't showered in 2 days and god knows how many before that. If not the deodorant and perfume that I got when I came, I have no idea how awful I would smell.

I placed the items in front of Minho's room, since I didn't want to wake him up if he's still sleeping.

And went to the showers. It was a small hut with a shower and curtains. I got the soap that creators sent me with and stripped off my clothes.

I knew it was too early for anyone to be awake so I wasn't worrying for anyone peeking.

I went under the warm shower.

After about 10 minutes I came out of shower fully dressed with the clothes, I managed to get them from my and Skye's room, without waking her up.

It was forest green cargo pants, a black cropped tank top and a pair of same black combat boots.

It was a pretty warm morning. I knew that soon Fry will be awake, making breakfast and lunch for the runners.

Since I had to work with him today, I went to the kitchen. He wasn't there yet and I got bored and decided to help out Fry a bit, by making the breakfast for everyone and lunch for runners.

I started by getting some bacon and easily cooking it. It wasn't hard job, I felt like I definitely liked to cook.

I was already done with the bacon and started doing lunch for the runners. I made them some sandwiches and put a candy bar in each of the bags.

I got the candy with me when I came. I got quite a lot of them actually. So I decided to treat them. After all Minho took care of me last night.

Then I decided to move on to salad. I don't think these boys ever heard of eating healthy things, like salad.

I chopped up some tomatoes, cucumber, some mozzarella cheese and some lettuce. I mixed it all together, then I added some oil and the seasoning that was there.

I was adding the pepper when Fry came.

"Morning. Since I'm going to be working with you I made breakfast. Sorry I got tired waiting for you. " I smile innocently.

"Wow you made all this by yourself? On your first day? Without me? " I saw him smiling and approaching me.

"Yes, yes and yes. " I smiled at him and he tasted the bacon.

"Oh my god, this is amazing! There's no doubt your gonna be a cook. " He said finishing his peace of bacon.

"Thanks Fry, but that's what the med-jacks said too. Anyways I still have eggs too cook. " I grabbed some eggs from the fridge.

"No, no, no I will cook the eggs you go take care of the runners. Make sure they eat good before going into the maze." Fry gave me a small smile.

I nod happily and wait for Fry to cook a few eggs for the boys. I then take two plates with some bacon and eggs, add a little salad and bring it to the counter. I see Minho and Ben coming in.

A smile made it's way on my lips.

Minho's POV

In the morning.

I woke up remembering last night. Immediately a smile was on my face. I got out of bed, looked at the mirror, fixed my hairs and put on some new clothes.

I opened up my door and saw my pillow and my blanket, that I gave to Harley last night. Well at least she knows it's mine.

I smiled and took the stuff back, dropping it on to my bed. I went to the look out tower. She wasn't there... Well then I will look for her.

I scanned my eyes through the glade. I saw the smoke coming from the kitchen chimney. Frypan...

Wait isn't Harley working with him today. Yes. That's where I'll find her.

I smile to myself and start heading to the kitchen. Ben joins me on the half way there.

"Morning." He puts a hand on my shoulder.
"Morning." I shrug his hand off.

We walk into the kitchen, I'm greeted with a soft, beautiful smile. I smiled back.

"Morning boys. " She puts a couple of plates on the counter for us.
"Morning." Me and Ben say in sinc.

"Did you make this? " Ben asks taking one plate. It had bacon, eggs and salad on it. She giggles a bit, that made me smile even more. I must of looked stupid with that big of a smile.

"Yeah. I woke up before Fry so decided to start alone. And you need to eat healthier so I made some salad. "

"You didn't put poison in this? Did you? " I remain my sarcastic self.

"Yeah I did. You know since I want to be the keeper of the runners, I have to get rid of the competition. " She says, sarcasm dripping of the words.

Ben starts laughing, he even crouches a bit. I roll my eyes playfully and she giggles again.
"Well I hope I won't die soon. " I sit down at our usual table. Ben joins me quickly.

Harley goes back to the kitchen, to grab the food for the other runners that are just now comming in and we start eating. Wow... It's amazing. How is this girl good at everything.

"This is amazing! " Ben squeals next to me.
"I know. If she doesn't become a cook I'm goin to jump of a cliff. " I say showing another bite down my throat.

"Make sure to do a flip while your at it. " Harley says comming out from the kitchen with new plates to serve the other runners.

Harley's POV

"Seriously." I hear Minho say to himself. He was clearly getting annoyed at my ability to sass him back. I didn't care thought, it was fun.

Minho and Ben thanked me for the breakfast and went out into the maze with the other runners. Soon Newt and Alby woke up, not long after that everyone else.

A lot of people said that they liked my cooking and thanked me, it was nice.

The day went on quickly. I mostly hanged out with Skye or Chuck. Well I just watched as they worked.

We became best friends in this short period of time, same was with Chuck. He was sweet, carrying, helping and fun. And I loved fun it was so nice to be with him, prank people, mess with people and just hang out.

I helped Fry with lunch and dinner. It was fun cooking with him. He made a lot of fun sarcastic comments, we listened to music. Yes we had a small radio, apparently the boys asked for it and it came so we used it. We cooked and danced around the kitchen, fooling around.

I went to sleep with happy memories of today. I talked to Minho at dinner, planed the next prank with Chuck, messed with Newt (messing up his hair, not letting him work, annoying him etc.), I also talked with Skye about the jobs and stuff like that.

We also gossiped a bit about the boys, and... I found out that she might like Ben... Yes she likes the 2th runner boy. 2th since Minho is the first and I might have a little crush on him... But I didn't tell Skye that. My crush is my secret.