10♦

10

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

My hands are raised in victory after the guy drops to the floor. Adrenaline rushes through my body as the crowd erupts into a fit of violent yells.

They finally gave me someone who kind of knew how to fight tonight. He landed a few hits on me, I feel a slight throbbing on my face, but the adrenaline pumping through me is numbing the pain.

The crowd roars, praising me for giving them the show they came for. I'm a crowd favorite, when I step into the ring they know I won't show mercy. Everyone who comes to these fights wants a brutal and bloody battle, and that's what I give them. Time and time again.

I used to feel like crap every time I knocked someone out, but I quickly came to terms with it. Everyone who enters the fights do it for their own reasons, some because they want to vent, others for money, but most of us do it for both reasons.

Pride builds up within me, I feel like I'm on top of the world. This is what I needed, these last few days I've been off, Rose was constantly in the back of my mind, throwing off my usual routine.

I couldn't focus.

But now, as I step over the unconscious body, I feel alive again.

A smirk tugs at my lips as I scan the crowd, men throw their fists up as they scream, spit flies out of their mouths. People pass money around, settling bets they placed before the match.

Everything feels normal in the world again, then my eyes meet forest green ones and it's like the world stops.

Rose stands not too far in front of the ring looking at me, her face is pale and my gut twists in ways it never has.

She shouldn't be here, why the hell is she here?

My hands drop to my side, the victorious feeling once flowing through me is replaced with one of dread.

She saw me fighting, if there was any chance of her not being scared of me, it's gone now.

Rose's eyes leave mine as she flies backwards, her tiny body crashing into the front of a much larger man. A man in a security shirt has his hands on her, he yells at her, but I can't hear what he said over the loud roaring of the crowd. I can tell it wasn't friendly when she flinches back and her eyes slightly widen.

The guys' hands forcefully push her into the crowd of disgusting men. All I see is red as my eyes zero in on his grip that's on her arm, his fingers are dug into her skin, surely she will be bruised from his brutal grip on her small arm.

Fucking bastard.

He pushes her further into the crowd and her short frame disappears. I can still see the guy as he pushes through, but Rose is too small, all the men around tower over her, making it so I can't see her.

Anxiety builds as a cold sweat covers my body. Why the hell are his hands on her and where is he taking her?

I need to get to her before something bad happens. There is no way I could make it if I go through the crowd, especially after winning a fight. Everyone wants to talk to me and pretend like we are friends and shit.

It looked like he was pushing her to the front entrance, so I'll have to go out the VIP, run around the building and meet them out front.

I rush over to the gate of the cage. "Open up!" I yell at the security who keeps people in, or out of the cage while a fight is going on.

I'm not one to stick around for long after a fight, but the shock on the guy's face tells me I'm rushing off a little faster than I usually would. He opens the gate and I barge through, the medic enters the cage to check on my opponent right after I step out.