23♦

23

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

"Fuck off." I grumble into my pillow.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm being pathetic, but Rose hasn't talked to me in what feels like forever and I can't figure out why.

She texted me saying she was ok but needed a break from everything so she won't be answering her phone. I feel like I did something to upset her but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

"No. Get out here and hang out with us." Isaiah shouts through the door. "I miss her too, you know." He adds quietly.

We've all been off since she texted me that day. Everyone has tried to contact her, but her phone must be turned off, it goes straight to voicemail.

I called Bob and he informed me they can't get ahold of her either, he also let me know they moved. She loved those kids like crazy, she's probably broken-hearted that they left, and I can't even get a hold of her to make sure she's ok.

"What did I do, Isaiah?" I question, sorrow dripping from my voice like the pathetic loser I am.

"Nothing. She probably just needs time alone right now." His voice is muffled by the door, so I get up and open it.

"It's been weeks though." I point out miserably.

Who would have thought that the girl I trapped on Isaiah's mom's roof would have me wrapped around her finger in just a few months? Only a few weeks without her had me moping around like a sad puppy, it's pathetic, but I can't seem to care.

All I can think about is her, and if she's ok, or what I could have done to make her disappear like that.

"I know man. Come on, we never celebrated last night. You shouldn't be so down after a fight." I can smell Chinese food lingering in the air from when he brought it over last night.

I had a fight last night, I won, but nothing feels right anymore. So I just went straight to bed instead of celebrating with the guys. I mozy my way to the kitchen and take a seat at a stool.

Ace slid a plate of leftovers to me. I nod appreciatively towards him.

"What would make you feel less miserable?" Isaiah asks.

"Rose." I mumble.

"Ok." He walks out of the room for a second, leaving me confused as to why. That is until he comes back and slides a rose across the island to me.

Shithead. "Not what I meant." I scoff, but a small smile breaks it's way onto my face.

Man, I'm really lucky to have friends like them. Even if they get on my nerves, they're always there for me when I need them.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just eat your food so we can go do something." They have been trying to get me out of the house these last few weeks, to keep me busy so my mind is taken off of Rose.

But everywhere we go my eyes constantly search for her, hoping that I'll see her shopping at a supermarket or eating at a restaurant.

I just want a chance to talk to her, but she took that possibility away when she shut her phone off.

"We could go paintballing today. That new place on the outskirts of town opened up last week." Ace suggests.

And I'm not exactly opposed to a friendly game of gunfire at the moment so I agree. I finished eating and we got ready to head out right afterwards. As I was pulling a clean shirt over my head I heard Isaiah yell across the apartment.