41❦

41

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

"What the fuck happened to you?" Ace gasps as he walks in the front door.

Blake texted him last night to come over today but didn't explain why.

"I got in a fight." I state as I shove a piece of pancake in my mouth.

Blake is sleeping upstairs, after our I love yous we stayed up talking into the early morning.

When I woke up, Bella was already making breakfast for us, but I didn't want to wake Blake up yet so I sneakily got out of bed.

"Yeah, I can see that. With who?" His eyes are hard as he narrows in on the bandage on my neck.

"With this asshole who broke into my house." Bella grumbles as she walks out of the pantry with more pancake mix.

"Conway." I add. Ace goes deadly silent as the wheels turn in his head. Then all hell breaks loose.

"Conway? Conway fucking put his hands on you? I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch." His hand grips the trim on the doorway, knuckles turning white and eyes brooding with fury.

I would be scared, but I'm getting used to the guy's reactions. Bella on the other hand is mixing pancake batter with an amused grin on her face.

"I punched him." I smile. "A bunch of times." Ace is taken back by my words, his hands drop back to his side and his face scrunches up in question.

"How many?" He asks like it actually matters.

"I don't know, maybe like six times? Then Bella made him hit his head when he ran away." I left out the part about the time I completely missed and tumbled to the floor.

No one needs to know about that part.

"That's not enough." Yeah, well you try fighting a man twice your size with many more years of fighting experience than you have, buddy.

"I tried my best." I state with a small scowl.

"I'm sure you did, but he shouldn't have gotten away." He growls.

What'd he expect me to do? I gave it everything I had, I thought I did pretty well.

My knuckles are still hurting from how hard I punched him.

You know what, I'm still tired and I don't need his attitude right now. I grab my plate and slide off the chair, the scowl still settled on my face as I walk past Ace.

"Wait, that wasn't what I meant... I didn't mean that it was your job. I just meant... fuck... Rose, come on." He rambled, but I didn't stop.

I was walking into the bedroom when I heard a whoosh and a smack followed by Bella's stern voice. "Nice going asshole."

"God fucking dammit, I didn't mean to make her upset, Bella!" This is their first official meeting, but they already practically know each other because I talk about them to the other all the time.

"Well you did, jackass." She sneers. "Want a pancake?" She adds like they weren't arguing point five seconds ago.

"I don't know. Are you going to poison it?" Ace asks skeptically, I hear the chair slide back as he sits at the island.

"Probably."

"Well shit. Guess I'll take my chances, but Rose would be pretty upset if you killed me. So keep the poison to something not deadly if you want to keep your friend."