27❦

27

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

"You should be more careful." Blake scolds me.

I'm a little scraped up. When I parkcored over the picnic table and tackled Isaiah to the ground, I got a little banged up on the elbows and knees.

"It was worth it." I giggle. "Did you see the mouthful of grass he ate?" I nearly died of laughter when he smiled at me a few minutes later, a blade of grass was stuck in his teeth.

I really wish I could have got a picture of it.

"Yeah, I saw it." He loses his sturn face, a smile talking over.

"Here, I admit defeat." Isaiah mumbles, his hand stretched out offering me a bottle of lemonade.

It's now my favorite drink, partially because of the memories, but mostly because it tastes good.

"Thank you." I grin up at him. The playful mood is forgotten when all of our phones chime at the same time. My brows furrow as I pull the phone out of my pocket and check the text.

From: Unknown

Better watch out.

The phone is snached from my hand as soon as I read the text. Nerves build in me as I process the words. What does it mean?

"They all say the same thing." Blake growls out.

"Who sent it? And why?" Isaiah scratches his eyebrow as he frowns at his phone.

"Shit. We need to get her out of here." Blake's gruff voice bellows. He grabs my wrist and starts dragging me towards his car.

"Do you know who sent it?" Ace says as he jogs beside us.

"Conway." He grits. "We need to get her out of here before he tries something." He rushes out.

I'm trying to keep up with him, but my short legs have to move twice as much to match his speed. We reach the car faster than I thought possible, Blake opens the passenger door so I can get in, closing it behind me.

He walks around the car and gets into the driver's seat, the other boys jumping in the back.

"What's happening?" I try to keep the terror out of my voice, but I did a bad job and Blake's hands strangle the steering wheel as he backs out of the parking space.

"I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it can't be good." The voice coming out of Blake's mouth doesn't sound like his, it sends a surge of fear through me.

I lean my head against the headrest and close my eyes, focusing on breathing deeply. I attempt to calm my nerves as we peel out of the parking lot.

"Rose, deep breaths. We'll be ok." Blake's soothing voice tries to reassure me when he notices I'm starting to freak out.

I didn't tell anyone, but last week at the fight Conway made eye contact with me and sent me a wink. He's huge, his eyes scream murder and it makes me nauseous just thinking about them.

"Somethings not right." Ace mumbles, I hear zippers and rusling as he searches through his gym bag.

"What do you mean?" Blake's jaw clenches, his fingers tap the steering wheel.

"Someone messed with my bag... Shit my wallet is gone!" I whip around in my seat as Ace throws his bag back on the floor.

"Mine's gone too." Isaiah frowns, checking his pockets. "You've got to be fucking kidding me, check my bag." I reach down to my feet and pull Blake's bag onto my lap searching through it.