38♦

38

♦𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖐𝖊♦

I told Isaiah to stay away for a while. I don't know if I'll be able to control myself if I see him yet.

I don't know what he was thinking, taking Rose to that party. His brain must have malfunctioned.

Jimmy's parties are known to be wild, the few times I've seen Isaiah drunk is when he's decided to go to one.

Ace and I went to one with him once, that's how I knew where he took her.

But we left within a few minutes, quickly understanding it wasn't the kind of place we wanted to be.

I left my girl in his care, and he took her to a place I refused to go with him time and time again.

Ace found him upstairs, drunk and attempting to play pool. He said at first he was super excited to see him, came running at him with open arms going for a hug.

But Ace grabbed him by the back of the neck and dragged him to the car without saying a word.

Ace was pissed, still is. He thinks of Rose as a sister, he wanted to beat Isaiah up for the situation he put her in, knock some sense into him and leave a couple bruises along the way.

When Ace shoved Isaiah into the passenger seat, his happy go lucky self vanished. He started to freak out about Rose, yelling at Ace that he left her and he needs to go find her.

Little did he know that she was safe in my arms.

Ace let him sweat it though, he wanted him to remember the fear he was experiencing so he never tried this again.

Not like Rose would go willingly anymore, but he didn't want to take any chances.

Isaiah was clawing at the car door trying to get out, "Rose! I left, Cupcake! I left her alone, I need to find her!" He rambled.

He was too drunk to understand he needed to unlock the door, so he was unable to get out.

Ace let him panic until they were almost at his apartment. By that time he was crying about what he'd done.

Ace showed no mercy when he explained the shaking mess we found Rose in when we walked in that party.

Isaiah ripped his phone out of his pocket to call us, but Ace took it from him before he could. I'm thankful for that because we were already home and Rose was snuggling up to my chest.

I finally calmed down when she fell asleep, a call from Isaiah could have woken her up and I would have been even more livid.

Isaiah is a valued friend I've had for years, but I can't just ignore the danger he put Rose in. And then to leave her alone for a whole hour, anything could have happened to her.

He's only breathing because nothing major happened. I don't want to lose my shit on my friends. But when it comes to Rose's safety, it's inevitable.

I've fought for my life before, several times. A survival instinct kicks in and you're willing to do anything to survive. You don't care about the pain or the consequences, because if you do, you won't make it out alive.

I don't know exactly when, but Rose has become a part of me. She walks around completely separate and independent from me, but at the same time it feels like she's a part of my heart and soul.

When she's in trouble that same survival instinct kicks in, but now I'm not concerned about me surviving, it's only her that matters.

When I walked into an empty apartment, I thought they were playing hide and seek at first. But when I couldn't find them and saw that Isaiah's car was gone I started to think the worst.