Chapter Twenty-Two

⧏ ▴ ⧐

October 31st, cont...

"Have you seen Blaise?"

My voice rasps as I finally catch Theo, pulling him into a corner before he can get drawn into a conversation with Higgs and the other Quidditch boys.

I slipped away from Malfoy as soon as I could, spinning out of his electrifying arms and thanking Mandy— without so much as a glance back at him.

He didn't protest— when I looked back he had already turned and walked away.

Tracey and Adrian stopped me to talk, held me up for quite a bit before I was able to escape.

I found Theo nearly immediately after, accompanied by a disappointing lack of Blaise.

"Have I seen— huh?" Theo says, shaking his head and putting his hands on his hips. He licks his lips, spinning his head around the room. Likely in search of water or food— in takes one look at him too notice the telltale signs of an escapade behind the greenhouses.

His red-tinged eyes turn back on me as I clear my throat, greeted by his dopey smile.

"Blaise," I say slowly, raising my eyebrows and holding onto his shoulders, keeping him focused on me.

"Zabini? Oh, yeah!" Theo nods happily, smile intensifying. "He was with me a minute ago, I did— hm. I have seen to have lost him, haven't I?" He laughs like a child, spinning out of my grip to look at the empty ground behind him.

As he turns before me, I can smell whatever the hell he took wafting off of him. Something unfamiliar— likely something new the Hufflepuff's keen on herbology cooked up in their spare time.

Clearly, whatever it is is stronger than previous batches.

"

⧏ ▴ ⧐

LOL and that's all I had stored up. Once again, if there's a demand for it I think I have some partially written ideas somewhere that I can publish along with some summaries of where I thought the story was going.

Love you all and thank you for everything. <3