FBFW Archives Part 1

Hi everyone! This chapter contains some half-written things I dug up from my drafts. I'll give a bit of context before each part to help explain where it would have fit in the story!

Parts written in bold throughout the drafts are me explaining parts I never wrote in.

⧏ ▴ ⧐

The following snippet would have occurred during the Hallow's Eve Ball. After looking for Blaise, Violet would have given up and waited in the corner. After a short amount of time, she's approached by seventh-year Terrence Higgs... and then this happens.

⧏ ▴ ⧐

"Merlin I could go for a drink right now— everyone's got their wands in a twist tonight."

Higgs raises his eyebrows from the place on the wall next to me, a faint smirk passing over his lips.

"Yeah? We've got a stash up by the prefect's bathroom if you'd like?"

"Firewhiskey?" I clarify, turning my eyes to him.

"What else?" He smiles back, nodding his head to the door and extending his hand.

"Yeah— alright." I nod, taking stock of the room quickly before taking his arm and letting him lead me away from the hustle and bustle of the Ball.

I'm sure to drop my hand from his as soon as we're out of the crowd, now walking through the quiet corridors. The walk is fairly short, and our small talk is only interrupted once by an obnoxious couple snogging in the stairwell.

"Least they could do is find a room," Higgs chuckles, faking a disgusted face as we exit the staircase into the fifth-floor hall. I let out a small laugh, scanning for where the door for the prefect's bathroom lies. I only came for the whiskey, after all.

"So—"

"Where's Zabini tonight, then?" Higgs cuts me off, taking a step forward to square his shoulders with mine. "Thought you two were—"

"We are," I say quickly, taking a step back with a small smile. "He just stepped out with Nott for a moment."

Higgs nods, "Mm." He tilts his head. "Gorgeous dress you've got."

My breath hitched and a take another step backward, looking over his shoulder towards the bathroom door. "Um— Thanks, Higgs."

"Anytime."

*Now I didn't write this part but essentially Higgs would try to kiss Violet. Malfoy would appear and pull him off, yell at him, punch him, etc. And then...*

"Shit— Malfoy!"

"Are you alright?" He says immediately, catching his breath and turning away from Higg's now limp form on the ground beside him.

"I— yeah, no— I'm— fine," I say in a rush, shock bubbling throughout my body as Malfoy's eyes rush over me— almost scanning for any injuries. "Are— are you—?"

"Don't worry about me, Burke. I know how to throw a punch." He chuckles, straightening up. He looks down at Higgs for a moment, scrunching his face in disgust.

"How'd you—"

"Saw you leave with him." He scowls, still examining Higgs. "Never trust Higgs alone with a lady." With a shrug, he looks back at me, running his hand through his hair to push it back off his forehead.

"I— thank you. For helping."

"Least I can do. I may be a prick— but I've still got basic human decency. As I said, I'm a gentleman." He smiles over at me, "And a gentleman knows when to step in." He takes a deep breath, placing both hands on his hips as his chest heaves.