[3]

"What are you drawing?" Olive asked as she cracked her back in her spot on the ground.

Joel looked up at her, "The frog- thing. It helps me, I write its weaknesses and stuff." He explained as Olive got up walking over to him and sitting down next to him.

"Wow." Olive said in surprise. "Thought the drawing was gonna suck."

Joel scoffed, "Why are you always so negative?" He asked.

"Look around," Olive said, "what's there to be positive about?" She asked.

"Fresh air. Trees. Grass. The sun." Joel answered normally. "The fact that we weren't turned into those monster things."

Olive chuckled, making Joel smile lightly, "I just- I don't get my hopes up on things. Not anymore. Makes it easier when everything goes downhill."

Joel looked at her, seeing pain behind her eyes. It made him wonder what she's been through. "What if it doesn't go downhill?" He asked.

Olive sighed, "You let me know if that ever happens." She stated before getting up, "Let's go."

~~~

Dear Aimee, guess what? I got a dog, and he's the coolest. His name is Boy. And he's actually not my dog he's actually this girls dog that I met. Her name is Olive. She's puts up a wall when you first meet her, very mean. But I think I'm breaking through. Oh and she has these beautiful sea green eyes. They really stand out against her black hair. She owns a machete- it's badass, she almost killed me with it.

"Can I give you a nickname?" Joel asked Olive.

"No."

"How bout Livie?" Joel suggested.

"No."

"Ollie?" He asked.

Olive turned around, "Never call me that." She said in a serious tone.

"Okay, what about Liv?" Joel said. "It's Simple. Does the job."

He looked at her as she walked a little bit ahead. He couldn't her rolling her eyes with a faint of a smile on her face.

He smiled, not hearing a no, "Liv it is!" He exclaimed.

Anyways- Boy saved my life from a giant frog in a pool who tried to eat me with his tongue. And then we hung out on Olive's bus. We make a great team.

"Ready Boy?" Joel asked.

"He's not gonna go get it." Liv said to him.

"How bout we try a little bit of positivity?" Joel asked before throwing the frisbee. Joel watched it fly away, landing a couple feet away from the dog that didn't move. "Go get it!"

Olive chuckled at the dog who didn't move.

We found out we have a ton in common too. I feel like we can talk about anything. You gotta see us out here. We're like this iconic trio. Like the golden trio from Harry Potter. Or Han, Luke and Leia from Star Wars. I don't know. Feels like when we're together, we're unstoppable.

"Hey. What are doing? What you got in there?" Olive said looking into the abandoned shed Boy ran into. Boy ran out as they heard crashing.