[7]

Boy ran over to Joel and Olive who sat on the ground, eating one of Joel's bunker foods. The dog placed some type of dead carcass in front of them.

"Oh- I'm okay. You can have that." Joel said. "I'll stick to the beans."

"Beans are so gross." Olive muttered as she forced herself to swallow down the canned beans.

They walked tiredly through the foggy forest after eating. Olive stopped seeing Boy stop. Joel turned around to them.

"Hey, come on- we gotta keep moving." Joel said to Boy. "I know. There's a lot a creepy stuff. Creepy boats. Kinda of a creepy sign. But nothing we haven't seen before. Just got to be brave."

Boy suddenly whimpered, biting Olive's pants and tugging her in panic. She kneeled down, "Hey, hey, Boy what's wrong?" She asked.

He kept nudging her, like he wanted to get out of there. "What's going a on? What's happening?" Joel asked.

"He's hearing something." Olive said. Boy suddenly ran off. "Boy!"

She ran after him, Joel running after the both of them. She looked underneath the giant molded duck Boy hide under.

"What's wrong?" Olive asked as Boy kept trying to tug her under with him. "He's acted like this before." She said with dread.

"When?" Joel asked.

Olive quickly grabbed something out of her bag. The bear. She looked at Boy. "Boy? I need you to take this." Boy grabbed it with his teeth. "Okay, now- I need you to get Joel out of here. Can you do that?"

Joel looked at her confused, "What?" He asked. "I'm not leaving you here alone."

Olive grabbed his hand, placing two things in it. "Go." She whispered. "I'm not losing someone else I care about to this thing. Go find Aimee."

"What no." Joel said. He stared at her with panic, not knowing what to say. Or what to do. She pushed him, "Go!"

He stumbled back, Boy running next to him. Joel stated Joel ran a couple feet away, before turning back to Olive. She was watching them leave, a tear running down her face. But she was smiling.

Joel felt the urge to run back to her. Protect her. Boy barked at Joel making him snap out of it. He glance back at where the girl stood. Her now gone. He looked down at what he had in his hand.

The bomb and Olive's yellow nail polish.

He looked around, running away with Boy quickly.

Olive panted as she looked around the woods, Machete out and ready. "Come on you son of a bitch." She muttered.

She looked around the foggy forest, sweat dripping from her forehead. She was gonna find it. Even if it killed her.

She starting to feel the ground shake form behind her. She slowly turned around seeing the giant centipede that killed her sister.

"Something's wrong." Olive said gripping onto Lily's hand tightly as Boy whimpered. "We have to go now."

She went to pick up Lily put something hit her with so much force Olive almost past out.