[13]

My name is Joel Dawson. I'm 24 years old and I
survived seven days on the surface.

"Go, go, go!" Joel yelled to Olive and Boy. Olive laughed as a monster ran after them.

She was getting used to this life. She actually enjoyed being in life threaten situations with Joel.

They got rid of the creature, Olive jumping into Joel's arms. He spun her around in a hug, both of them laughing.

Twice, actually.

"Joel?" Everybody asked as Joel and Olive walked into the bunker.

"You guys! Hey!" Joel said with happiness. They ran to him and hugged everyone greeting him with excitement.

One of the girls looked Olive who stood a couple feet away. "Is that Olive?" She asked Joel in excitement.

"Yeah, yeah," Joel answered with a smile, "That Olive."

The girls yelled out in excitement bringing her into the group were she was introduced to everyone, her feeling immediately at home.

I'm alive because of generosity of a few strangers and kindness of a great dog. My colony and I are heading to the mountains. There's supposed to be less monsters there. And don't get me wrong. The surface is a dangerous place. But I don't think hiding underground is the answer anymore.

Olive helped Joel out of the bunker him being the last one out. He looked at his colony who all waited for him to lead the way.

He then looked at Olive who was smirked at him proudly. He quickly kissed her cheek before starting their journey.

There's a great big, beautiful, inspiring world out there. And I know you think it might be impossible, but it's not. If I can survive out here, anyone can. It's like a good friend once told me, good instincts are earned by making mistakes. If you're lucky enough to survive a few mistakes, you're gonna do all right out here. In this recording you'll find everything I know about our new world. Most of this I had to learn the hard way. Hopefully it'll make your way a little easier. So crank open that hatch. Breathe some fresh air. Go. Live your life.

Olive and Joel ran into the rain while the rest of the colony slept. They laughed as their hair got soaked. Joel grabbed her hands, making her run with him in a circle. Boy tugged at Olives pants. She grabbed his front paws, doing a little dance with him in the rain as Joel laughed.

It won't be easy but it'll be worth it. I traveled 85 miles to find what I had been missing below ground for seven years was right above my head this whole time. And it's incredible.

Joel looked down, smiling at Olive who laid her head on his shoulder. She looked up with a smile, leaning and giving him a soft kiss on the lips. Boy jumped into Joel's lap making them break apart. The dog licked Joel's face, also giving him kisses. They pet Boy, looking up together at the sky jellies that light up the sky.

And one last thing. Don't settle. You don't have to. Not even at the end of the world.

Signing off, Joel Dawson.

Authors note:
Hope you enjoyed! I will definitely come back if they ever make a second love and monsters! Bye for now!