[10]

"7045, this is 3022. Come in." Joel asked. "7045 this is 3022 is anyone there? Tim? Ava? Anyone? Over.

"Hey Cap thought you might need a snack." An old man said placing a beer and some food next to him. "You know he brews his own beer."

"Yep. Yeah- I heard." Joel stated.

"It's good man." The old man walked out.

Joel sighed, not hearing anything through the radio. He grabbed his map, opening it looking at everything. He flipped it closed, scrunching his eyebrows seeing notes on the back.

He looked seeing a bunch of little notes from the people from his Colony. He chuckled with tears in his eyes as read the goodbye notes.

"Hello? Is someone there?" Joel looked at the radio.

"Hey! Yeah yeah! Yeah Ray is that you?" Joel asked. "It's me! It's Joel!"

"Joel! Oh my god!" Ray scoffed in amazement. "Hey guys! It's Joel! He made it!"

Joel heard the rest of them talk in amazement making him smile, "Hey, hey guys! It's me. It's Joel. I'm- I'm- I'm safe. I made it. I'm at Aimees colony.

"Oh my god you're alive?"

"He made it!"

"It's so good to hear your guys voices." Joel said feeling homesick.

"So good to hear you too, buddy."

"Are you okay?"

"I feel like it's been so long. I've got so much to tell you guys."

"Tell us what you've seen!"

"I saw a queen Sandgobbler."

"A Sandgobbler?"

"What's a queen Sandgobbler?"

"It's- I don't know but I blew it up. I blew it up with a hand grenade!" Joel exclaimed. "Can you believe that?"

"Woah!"

"Where'd you get a grenade?

"Yeah, it was so awesome and- what else? What else?" Joel thought, "I met these two really cool survivors. And they taught me all these things. They live on the surface and- oh, oh, oh! I met a Mav1s! I talked to a real live Mav1s!"

"No way!"

"What's she like?"

"She was, very informative, emotionally, and," Joel said his smile slowly fading, "And I got a dog too."

"Joel, you got a dog?"

"How is it going with Aimee?"

Joel chuckled, "You're gonna think this is ridiculous, but, I'm not after Aimee anymore."

"What?"

"I don't believe you man."

"No, it's true, I'm with her now, and she's a really good friend but, basically when i first started my journey I met this really amazing girl." Joel said, "Her name is Olive. And she also lives on the surface! She lived with my dog- which is actually her dog but whatever. She's so cool. She survived 7 years on the surface by herself. Isn't that sick? She's cold when you met her at first but when you get to know her she's amazing."