Five

Jermany

2 weeks.

For the past 2 weeks Shawn Jonah Philips has been harassing me.

Harassing me with gifts, chocolates, toys, perfumes, flowers and lest I forget, love letters.

He's doing everything thing he can to get me to talk to him and forgive him while keeping his distance from me.

And he has a routine.

My first present of the day is always delivered by Tommy with a different Good morning card every day.

The second present always arrives the moment I'm settled in my office, it's almost like the guy is on hold until I'm comfortably seated.

The third present is usually during lunch and it's the one that comes with chocolates or one treat or the other.

The fourth one comes at 6pm which is my closing time.

The fifth one is always waiting for me the moment I get home with a nice Good night card.

At first I was upset and I kept asking Ginger to throw away every present for the first 3 days, much to her disappointment.

But, I suddenly started to look forward to the arrival of my daily presents. Not with joy though but rather, I looked forward to them so I could see what he would come up with for the day; he never disappointed.

His timing was always perfect; no matter what.

So, imagine my shock when I get to the cafeteria and the resident waitress tells me there's nothing for me.

I won't lie, I was unsettled and worried; very worried.

Usually, he drops off my package with the resident waitress and she hands it to me once I step in.

What's going on?

"Jerma, Jerma!"

"What?" I ask leaving my bubble.

"Are you okay? Aren't you going to order?" Andrew asks worriedly.

"I'm fine, I'm not ordering yet." I say looking around frantically.

"Why not, you were so eager to get here?" Andrew asks crossing his arms.

"I'm not ready yet, you carry on." I say.

"I see, you're waiting for that guy to bring you lunch like he always does." Andrew says dryly.

"I'm..."

"Should I be worried?" Andrew asks raising his eyebrows.

"I..."

Just then my eyes shift to behind Andrew and running in not so gracefully is the not so punctual delivery boy. He stops at the serving window but the waitress points him in my direction so he comes to my table.

"Are you Ms. Jermany Dallas?" He asks.

"Yes." I say.

"I'm sorry I'm late, this is for you." He says and hands me a take away plate from a restaurant whose name I don't recognize and a bouquet of flowers. "Sign here please."

I try to hide how relieved I am as I sign the note pad.

"Thank you."

I move my attention to the card wedged in between the bouquet of roses.

Dear Jermany,
I'm sorry I'm late to deliver this one.
Since I moved to Seattle I've been exploring the various restaurants they have here.
This one was a bit far from your office and it was the first one that made me want to sit and eat instead of having the meal to go.
This is said to be the best salad that Seattle has to offer so I hope you love and enjoy it.
From me to you;
I hope we can talk soon.
-S.P