Eleven

Jermany

Joy, nothing but joy.

After I ended my squealing match with Ameeka I couldn't help but feel joyful.

I've known Hiram since we were children; and he's been my best friend since the day we moved to New York.

Hiram Wheeler has and always will be my best friend.

He wasn't that one male friend you suddenly had feelings for but had to keep friend zoned for the sake of your friendship; he was more than that.

There has always been love between Hiram and I; platonic love.

To me, Hiram was that extra sibling in the family; the chameleon.

Sometimes he was the older brother I needed to cuddle and fight for me, just like when Gerald raped me.

Other times he was that younger brother who needed words of affirmation and lots of attention.

We met Ameeka in high school and Hiram was immediately taken by her Red hair and Pitch black eyes. I always thought it was a weird combination but I loved Hiram and I wanted it to work out so I decided to give Ameeka a chance.

I never regretted that decision. I fell in love with who Ameeka was instantly and we all became and remained best friends even when Hiram and Ameeka started dating.

And now after 12 years of long distance and persistent love, they're finally going to get married and start the family they've always wanted.

Andrew was also more than happy when I told him the next day and it helped him get over what happened last night.

I'm seated at my desk day dreaming about how perfect my best friends' wedding will be instead of working on the plot for my next book.

Andrew left 30 minutes ago to get us lunch; it normally shouldn't take that long.

Just when I decide to be serious with my career, I hear a knock on the door.

I'm sure Andrew took the key so I wonder who it might be.

I walk over to the door and the moment I open it Christy hits my shoulder.

"Hey!" I groan.

"Why didn't you give me a heads up?" she asks whining.

"What for?"

"I almost died of shock when Robert got down on one knee yesterday."

"Don't tell me..."

"We're getting married!"

"Oh my G*d, congratulations!" I scream hugging Christy. "In my defense, I knew a proposal was in the horizon I just didn't know how soon it would be; I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you."

"Why is everyone around us getting married?" Andrew asks walking in with Robert close behind.

"Everyone?" Robert asks confused.

"My best friends also got engaged yesterday." I beam.

"Hiram and Ameeka right?" Robert asks and I nod. "Wow, congrats to them."

"Maybe this is a sign that you two should do the same, you wouldn't want to be the only single ones in the group." Christy says wrapping her arms around Robert's waist.

"Oh no you don't Christy; we're not easily influenced by things around us. And plus, Andrew and I aren't there yet." I say.

"Exactly, so slow your role Mrs. Henderson." Andrew teases.