Chapter 22

Jisung woke up in a coughing fit. His eyes were still closed, so he was unaware of his new surroundings. He did, however, feel the ground underneath him. Opening his eyes he saw that he was laying on top of a pile of big leaves which was layered on top of a big pile of grass, which was surrounded by stone. He looks around him and sees that he is in some sort of cave. It was very open spaced and had a tunnel in the wall.

How he got there was still unanswered to him. Last thing he remembered was seeing Minho running away before be passed out. He came to the realization that Minho is probably still out there in pain and he needed to help him. The problem is, he didn't know how to help him. The last thing he thinks Minho would want to hear is Jisung telling him he doesn't love him like he does.

His thoughts were interrupted by a low growl coming from the tunnel. Jisung stands up and gets into a sort of fighting stance in case he has to protect himself. Being in a world where literal magic is a thing, and having not encountered any animals of any kind (besides the The Royal Pegasus), who knew what kind of animals there are.

A figure soon emerges from the dark tunnel. Jisung became slightly relieved when he saw that it looked like an animal he recognized from his world. More specifically, a cheetah. However, this cheetah was definitely abnormal in appearance, referring to it's white and black fur and blue eyes. Jisung, having watched a lot of animal documentaries, knows that cheetahs aren't necessarily dangerous to humans. But what is making him nervous is that he's having a whole staring contest with one, and fears that it will attack him if he looks away.

The cheetah creeps closer to Jisung. When there was about a 20 centimeter distance between the two, Jisung uses his power to go around the cheetah and into the dark tunnel. Looking down the tunnel, he sees that there is another room. He runs towards it in hopes to get as far away from the cheetah as possible.

He enters the room and sees, what looks like, a kitchen made of stone. There were some cloths and blankets laying around. Upon further inspection, he sees a pot hanging above a fire.

As he starts walking closer to it he hears footsteps coming from another tunnel that can be seen. A woman with short, rose-gold hair enteres the room. It was shaven on one side of her head and the rest is swept to the other side. She is wearing an off-shoulder, puffy white shirt, which cuts off at the middle of her stomach, a pair of black shorts with buttons, and long, brown boots which stop right under her knees. However, a noticeable feature from her to Jisung is her elf ears.

She makes her way over to the boiling pot, but notices the boy standing and staring.

"Your majesty, you're awake?" The woman asks.

"Um, yeah..." Jisung replies.

The woman walks towards him with a smile, "I'm guessing you're confused on where you are?"

Jisung nods in response.

"Well, there is nothing you need to worry about. This is just my home."

"You...live in here?"

The woman nods her head, "You're lucky we found you. If you were out there any longer who knows what might have happened to you."

"I'm sorry, 'We'?"

"Of course! Someone like me couldn't possibly have saved you in that fire by myself."