Chapter 28

"She's awake! She's awake!"

The doctor screams while running around the castle to alert the rulers. The boys in the castle rush down from the commotion to find the Doctor.

They follow him into the room with the patient to find her being helped up by the nurses. Once she is up right, she thanks the nurses with a nod and locks eyes with the Kings.

"Her speech is slurred due to the ryhypnol, but she can write things down, not fast and neat though so please be patient with any questions you ask her," the doctor explains, "We asked her a few questions before calling you in.  Here are the answers."

The doctor then hands Chan a piece of paper with some big words in a messy but somewhat understandable handwriting.

'Jiji'
'bad'
'food'

"We asked for her name to see if she remembers, how she feels and if she wanted anything."

Chan nods and slowly makes his way over to the patient.

"Hi, Jiji," Chan says in a soft voice, "Do you know who I am?"

Jiji nods her head slowly.

"Good, I'm just going to ask you a few questions, are you comfortable with that?"

Jiji slowly shakes her head. She then points at Changbin, Minho and Felix who are standing behind Chan.

"Do you want them to leave?"

Jiji nods. She then points at the doctor and nurses.

"Them too?"

She nods.

Chan takes a glance at everyone, who just nod their heads and slowly leave the room. Now it is just Chan and Jiji.

"Are you ready now?"

She nods.

"That's great," Chan starts to think of his first question, "So, are you feeling any better from before?"

She nods.

"Good...Do you maybe have a vague memory of why you might be here?"

She shakes her head.

The questions continue as Jiji nods, shakes and occasionally writes down answers.
-
Seungmin and Jeongin walk in to the castle to find the others, besides Chan and Hyunjin, standing around the main hall.

"What's going on?" Jeongin asks.

Everyone now notices the two walking towards them.

"She woke up," Felix says.

Jeongin and Seungmin look at each other with shock.

"So why is everyone outside?" Seungmin asks.

"She requested everyone to leave except for Chan, who's busy asking her questions," Changbin explains.

Hyunjin soon flies in through the castle doors and lands near everyone else.

Minho, being the first one to notice him, speaks, "Where have you been?"

"Scanning the area for missing people like I was suppose to," Hyunjin replies,"What are you guys doing?"

"The patient woke up your Highness," one of the doctors explains.

"Chan is in there asking her questions," says Felix.

"I see."

Just then, the door to the room opens, and Chan walks out.

"How'd it go, Hyung?" Seungmin asks.

"She doesn't remember much, probably because the drug, so she can't really identify who attacked her."

"So the investigation continues," says Hyunjin.

"Your Majesties."

Hyunbok walks up to everyone, "I apologize for interrupting all of you, but you've received a message from an anonymous sender."

While Hyunbok gives the rolled up letter to Chan, he leans closer to Chan's ear.

"It's a threat, your majesty."