Chapter | Fourteen

Peter had left that morning right after Marinette, the two of them being permanently red in the face. They didn't talk about the kiss, but at the same time nothing really needed to be said. They had a silent communication, and speaking it might have broken what they conveyed. She understood what he had been trying to say about his feelings, and in her eyes he saw the same look. They lived in the moment in each other's presence, completely at a loss from paying attention to the movie. 

Which meant Tony of course noticed the obvious change in Pete when the teenaged boy stepped into the lab that morning. Tony noticed the lightly pinkish color on his cheeks, and the goofy little smile on his lips. It was the obvious sign of a love struck idiot, but it made Tony a bit happy that Peter was happy. It was weird watching kids fall in love, but something special to be apart of it. 

"So did you make the first move or did she?" Tony asked, right eyebrow raised in question as he tinkered with a new suit. 

Peter immediately snapped out of it, "Um, I don't know what you mean Mr. Stark."

"The love struck look. Something had to have happened between you and pigtails." Tony's matter of fact tone made Peter think he knew something, but ultimately caused a nervous laugh. "Anyways, there's some new toys down in the lab and a new suit to start working on so lets get too it."

They tinkered for hours in the lab, going back and forth with the suit design that Tony was making. Peter was just excited to learn the new technology for building the suits, feeling honored that Tony would even let him help. He knew that Tony used this technology to build his Spider suit, so actually doing it for a new Iron Man suit was exciting.

Breaking news here in Paris that comes with heavy hearts. Today we got word that our beloved bakers, Tom Dupain and Sabine Cheng were found deceased in the upper levels of their homes. We have yet to hear any word from their only daughter. 

Peter's head snapped up at the news, unaware of why Tony would have Paris's news outlet running with F.R.I.D.A.Y.S voice translating the French to English. It made sense though, he was Iron Man and he liked to know things going on. He would want to know any updates on the situation in Paris, but this was something he wasn't expecting to hear at all this morning.

"Isn't that the parents of your girlfriend?" Tony inquires as a heart wrenching feeling settled. He remembered what it felt like to lose his parents in the accident and to find out that it was Bucky that killed them. The anger was so raw, so real that he was fully intent on killing Steve's oldest friend.

Yet he knew right now in this moment that this was no coincidence that Marinette lost her parents, it was too fishy to him. It was also something he should talk to Natasha about, since they were on weird speaking terms again. And for a moment he thought about telling Peter the truth about Marinette, so he would better understand the situation. Yet he also understood Peter and how that might come off as if she didn't want him to know. 

"I should call her." Peter muttered, worry now all on his face. 

"I'll have Happy take you home kid. Get a suitcase packed, I'm booking you flights to Paris with her and your aunt. She shouldn't be alone with her thoughts right now, and not alone on a flight on the way home to say a final goodbye." Tony says, watching as Peter said nothing as he walked out on his phone trying to reach her. 

Natasha though had heard everything as she waited for Peter to leave, and she also had the Paris news on in the other room. It was a situation she was currently monitoring with Steve and Clint. She felt bad for the kid, but at the same time she knew this was planned. She had been in this game far too long for anything to really be a coincidence.