Chapter | Four

177A Bleecker Street was a building Marinette wasn't expecting, in fact she wasn't sure exactly what she was expecting to find at the address. For the past few weeks Marinette had been in New York, the city itself had surpassed every expectation she had that she gotten through watching movies. People here weren't as welcoming as Paris, they were colder and more hostile. Life here was busy, always moving and never stopping for anything. 

It was get with the pace or get left behind in the busy life blood of the city. Luckily Marinette was a quick adjuster, able to adapt as needed. It was a life skill she was able to pick up quickly. The building itself that she stood in front of was older looking but it held history. Her blue eyes studied the architecture, her eyes settling on one circled window that stood out in place of the others. Thus building was laced with magic, she could feel that and Tikki buzzing.

"This is the place, Marinette." Tikki says, head popping out of her purse. "I can feel the ancient one here."

Marinette didn't bother to respond back as she raised a hand to knock on the door, but was greeted with the door opening and coming face to face with a tall seasoned man that was dressed like a wizard?

"You're younger than what I was expecting for a Guardian of the Miraculous." The man who Marinette was assuming was Stephan Strange says with an eyebrow raised at Marinette. 

Marinette raised her own eyebrow in return, "I wasn't expecting a wizard to greet me either but here we are."

Stephan simply sighed, but couldn't help the small chuckle that left his lips. He had seen her coming, but he still couldn't believe the girl in front of him was the next to be the Guardian of the Miraculous. No one so young trained in the Mystic Arts, so it was concerning having one so young in the line of work she was in. It meant she had little to no normal life. The only one who he knew in a similar situation or he has seen coming is the young man named Peter Parker- the boy who Tony Stark had taken under his wing.  

"Marinette!" A smaller voice scolded the girl and a small red blur came out of her purse. It took Stephan a moment to realize that he was in a miniature goddess's presence and he couldn't believe how fairy like she was. "Hello Ancient One."

Stephan shook his head, "I'm not the Ancient One, I am the protector of the Time Stone and a Master of the Mystic Arts."

"Time stone?" Marinette questioned, stepping inside and taking in her surroundings. "Is that another set of miraculous?"

"No." Stephan says, glancing at Tikki who was quick to take over. 

"There is a lot that Marinette is still learning as a Guardian in training. Master Fu hasn't told her about the Infinity Stones yet." Tikki answered for her holder, earning another nod from the stone keeper. 

"Infinity Stones?" Marinette repeated, frowning. She could already tell she had a lot to learn but maybe she was way in over her head here. Did Master Fu really make the right choice with her on being the next Guardian?

"You may be young but not misguided Marinette." Stephan says, seeing the look in her eyes he used to see when first learning the ways of the mystic arts. The uncertainty in one's self. "As the Guardian of the Miraculous your sole duty is to make sure that the Miraculous jewelry is protected and kept secret from the world."

"Which is why I can't become Ladybug here in New York." Marinette says, earning another nod. 

"Exactly. If Nick Furry got wind of the Miraculous and how they worked they would be seized for selfish gain. The Miraculous is something much more sacred than the Infinity Stones, and it's safe to say they are the last line of defense we have in the Mystic Arts." Stephan says as he walked Marinette deeper into the building.