Chapter | Two

Chloe Bourgeois was a lot of things, and if one was to ask about her- well she knew that everyone would have a thing to say. She knew she could be a bitch, but at the same time it weeded out unnecessary people from her life. She was independent, but she was also spoiled. She knew this, and took it too her personality. Wasn't her fault if people didn't like it, because she was not born to please others. 

The class at Collège Françoise Dupont are simpleminded people. They were people who simply chased after the shiny new toys, and stayed with that toy for as long as it kept them entertained. For years since they were younger, Chloe had always watched everyone fawn over Marinette Dupain-Cheng. She watched as people praised her for her wonderful parents, and how said parents were always there, always present. She hated it the moment she saw it, and in time she took that jealousy and anger out on Marinette. 

It was because her home life wasn't idea that she was mean to Marinette, and that wasn't right. As the years passed and they grew up, Chloe watched as Marinette enchanted everyone with her natural charm she didn't even know she possessed- and that pissed Chloe off even more. Marinette had gone out of her way for people, bent over backwards to get something done within a timeframe she had said, and never once had Marinette disappointed. Not until Lila entered their lives. 

Chloe had watched as Lila slowly cut Marinette down, turned everyone against her. She watched as Lila became the shinny, new and exciting toy while Marinette was tossed aside like nothing. It had surprised her even more how much seeing Marinette withdrawal herself made her feel upset. Marinette was the last person to deserve what happened to her, and Chloe owed her this. She had to redeem herself as Chloe- a friend, in Marinette's eyes. 

Plus when she found out Marinette was Ladybug, it all made sense. The excuses, why she was always tired and running on caffeine- not even the good kind, just straight black. That's how Chloe knew it was bad. It had only gotten worse recently. Chloe had watched as Marinette looked out the window during class lectures, her eyes distant and unfocused. Those bluebell eyes lacked the light they once held.

Made it on the plane, text you when we land. Thank you Chloe. - Marinette

Chloe's lips twitched up into a small smile reading the text message. At least she knew that Marinette would get better, breathe fresh air and be in a city were she can feel her emotions without worry.  A soft knock at her door of the floor she was currently residing in got her attention, since she was unsure who would be visiting. Sabrina was one of Lila's mindless monkeys now. 

Walking over to the door, Chloe had set her phone down on one of the shelves. Setting her palm flat on the door, she leaned up to look out the peep hole, since she wasn't sure who the hell was showing up at her door. Yet she saw no one standing there. Frowning, Chloe opened the door and there she found a short older asian man in a red Hawaiian shirt. 

"Um.. hello?" Chloe says, unsure why this man would be here. 

He merely smiled, "Chloe Bourgeois, I am Master Fu and it's time we had a overdue conversation."

"No one else could ever replace you as Ladybug, which is why we have to talk to Master Fu. Explain to him what is happening."  Tikki had said.

Chloe recognized the name she had heard and knew that this was important, so she did the only thing she could do, she opened the door wider for Master Fu and welcomed him in. Once he was inside, she closed the door after him. 

"It's nice to meet you." Chloe says, albeit awkwardly. She knew that he was important, that this was who Marinette trusted enough to run things by, and that he could answer her questions. She wasn't used to the position she was in, wasn't used to change to benefit others than herself. Wasn't used to being selfless.