Chapter β

Blood-Wolf Pack

Pack House

Hercules just stared at the place where Lady Luna was just a few minutes ago. Trying to process what just what happened with Gabriel and what it means. He wasn't surprised that Gabriel violently pulls himself away from him since Lady Luna returned to whatever realm she came from. He hadn't moved since Gabriel pulled away, making him unwanted and unloved, not that he expected anything else. But it would have been nice if he would just explain the whole thing to him. When he asked one of the council members, they just shook their heads and looked at the space occupied by Gabriel earlier. Not wanting to see weak in front of those predators, Hercules shrugged and left the room.

Although he had no clue where he was, he walked around like he owned the place. The only way he knew not to show how scared and tired he was. When he finally reached the big double doors, he lets out a relieved breath as they open. "Where are you going?" The voice that growled it out send shivers down his spine. "Out. I know when I am not wanted, and you guts made it obviously clear that I am not wanted." He didn't turn around to face Gabriel; he couldn't stand to see his hate and disgust right now. He has been into too much pain to take that without showing how much it hurts and chips at his already chipped and broken heart.

Gabriel's eyes narrowed to small slits, his wolf not liking the words out of his mates' mouth. "You're not going anywhere without my permission", Gabriel's wolf growled out through his mouth. He saw Hercules stiffen, "You're not the boss of me. I can go wherever I want to, there's nothing you can do about it." Against his will, Gabriel saw his arm shoot out and grabs Hercules arm, stopping him from leaving. "You're not leaving." He stresses and pulled him into his chest, burrowing his nose into the crook of his neck, inhaling his intoxicating scent.

When he finally managed to push his wolf's desires down to the deepest part of his brain, Gabriel pushed Hercules away from him. He would have snarled too if it wasn't for the flash of pain flit through Hercules' eyes. "Now what do you want me to do?" He tried to sound angry, instead of the desperation that Gabriel picked up. What is he so worried about? Hercules kept a stiff upper lip as he finally turned to face him. "Just because Lady Luna says we're mates doesn't automatically mean you get to push me around! I didn't leave Tartarus for this! If I wanted to be pushed around I would have stayed there!" Hercules threw his hands up before storming out of the room, leaving a baffled Gabriel behind. Why would he be in that place? Lady Luna told me my mate was in a dark place, I never thought it would be that dark.

Realm of the lunar Goddess

Lady Luna was watching Gabriel's and Hercules' interaction as soon as she returned to her realm. What she saw wasn't what she was expecting, it made her heart sink. She did expect them to fight a little and argue, but not to be this explosive around each other. Every time they took as step forwards as mates, either of them did something that made them take several steps back again. It also didn't help that both of them were stubborn as mules. She winched as she witnessed their latest argument about Gabriel pushing Hercules around. She lets out a silent breath as she sees Gabriel chase after the rapid moving Hercules. To her uttermost amazement, she sees a Gabriel struggling hard to catch up with Hercules.

Forests surrounding the Blood-Wolf Pack House

Gabriel was breathing hard as he following Hercules' face fading scent through the thick forests surrounding the Pack. He never knew Hercules could be this quick on his feet, especially for a werewolf like him. Even with his extra gifts and advantage of knowing the terrain, he had a hard time keeping up. We need to hurry! Once he reached that cliff we might lose him for good. Gabriel snorted, it's not like he can fly. That's where you're wrong Gabe. He stumbled as the voice of the Goddess sounder in his head. As a child of Lord Zeus, he can command the air currents to lift him all the way across the cliff gap.