Chapter δ

(Pic of little Nathaniel --->)

Mount Olympus

Lord Zeus watch with a mixture of awe and annoyance as Gabriel used the little boy Nathaniel against Hercules so he would stay. It was an underhanded method, but he knew for sure that Hercules would stay. Marcus, who was silently watching as well, was fuming on the inside. How dare Gabe use such a method? Even though he didn't like Hercules, that didn't mean he would approve of such a method. "Are you okay Marcus?" Landon looked a little concerned as he watched Marcus turn angrier as he watched minuscule Hercules and Gabriel walk along the woods. Marcus curtly nodded once, before disappearing in a column of red mist.

Landon sighed once, stood up, stretched and proceeded to leave the throne room. There was no need for him to be there if Marcus wasn't there. Walking down the many steps, he took a deep breath of fresh air outside, glad to be out of the stuffy room. Groaning internally at the long road ahead to get back to the human realm, he hoped fiercely that everything will go okay with Marcus confronting Gabriel.

Human realm: Northern Plains, Blood-Wolf Pack

During their march back to the Pack House, Hercules never once let go of Nathaniel. He was sacred that if he did, Gabriel and he would argue once again. Something he wasn't looking forward to. As if he senses Hercules' distress, Nathaniel refuses to let go of Hercules. So much so that Gabriel lets him be, Hercules is relieved, glad to have at least one person acting slightly normal around him. With Nathaniel around, he doesn't feel like a failure. He feels like he could just be himself and not worry about being this Luna. Nobody really explained or took the time to explain what a Luna really does, they all just sneer at him whenever he asks or questions about his so called Luna duties.

They all stopped when they noticed the red mist. Hercules knew what that meant and tensed, thinking he was here to poke more fun at him. Much to his surprise, Marcus was glaring at Gabriel as he crossed his arms. "Is this your way of doing things Gabe?" He growled as his eyes started to glow. Shit! This is bad! Hercules panicked slightly as Gabe, still in wolf form stalked forward. "This is none of your concern Marcus, walk away." Marcus shook his head as he stared where he was, "He's my family Gabe, and so it's my business." Hercules put Nathaniel down as he moved forward; intended on separating them before anybody got hurt.

Robert who was next in line for becoming third in command stepped forward. "You should leave human, this is a Pack matter." He said hauntingly. Only pissing Marcus off even more. "What's that brat?" Robert paled as the eerie red glowing eyes focused on him. "Lord Ares, please calm down." Hercules stepped into Marcus' line of sight. Robert silently sighed with relief as Marcus focused on Hercules. "What brings you here Lord Ares?" Hercules never called him by his title, but he did now, willing the others to notice who was standing in front of them.

"Father wasn't too pleased with the way Gabriel has been treating you Hercules. And I agree; I am not too impressed with Gabriel's or your actions." Marcus wanted to say more but he disappeared in red mist. He shivers as the wind picked up, bringing cold wind form the north. He headed back with Hercules looking back over his shoulder every once in a while.

Robert was still annoyed that he couldn't respond properly decided to take out his annoyance on Hercules, who was walking in front of him, slightly behind Gabriel. He was smart enough to wait until they reached another one of the numerous smaller clearings in the woods surrounding their Lands. "Are you trying to make a fool out of me?" He sneered once he was right behind him, trying to pushing him forward. Somehow Hercules felt his attacks and evaded, pushing Robert away by a heavy gust of wind.

Hercules clenched his teeth as he stalked back to Robert snarling. "How dare you attack when my back is turned? You dirty little scumbag! If you were the man you say you are you would have done it while facing me," He snapped as the wind was whipping around him. The rest came crashing through the trees, skidding to a stop when they felt the wind pressure. "What are you two doing?" Gabriel demanded as he took in the threatening poses from both Hercules and Robert.