Chapter ια

The gaze of Gabriel when he has a vision

Human Realm: Blood-Wolf Pack House

You called for us Alpha?" Cass the oldest and most experienced of his Warrior Wolves asked. The only one undeterred by Gabriel's fuming, besides Cass all the other wolves stank of being petrified of their Alpha's wrath.

"Yes I did Cass." Gabriel stalked predatorily out of his chair, his wolf clearly in control of his actions. He walked down the three stone steps to the main floor circling the kneeling wolves. "I am wondering how you, the most experienced wolf in the field, let a vampire slip through your guard and it proceeded to get personal with MY MATE? I would like to think that someone with your years of experience would know the dangers of having a vampire getting that near the Alpha's Mate. No matter how sophisticated they portray themselves to be." Gabriel's patience ran out with the unresponsive wolf as the words left his mouth in a growl. "Maybe it's time to retire you from your post and let someone else take over." Gabriel murmured, as he cocked his head to the side in question hands on his hips. None of the wolves kneeling on the floor paid any mind to the shocked gasps that left the Council members mouths.

Finally did Cass show some of his true feelings, his shock was quickly replaced with anger and hatred before he managed to school his features in an emotionless mask. "Whatever you think is right Alpha." He bit out a bit harsher than he had planned and by the silence following his answer he knew the others heard his own hatred for their Alpha. Just then as Cass muttered the words and looked hatefully at their Alpha, he had a vision. His yellow eyes blazed more than usual and his pupils changed their round shape to a diamond shape. The energy that poured out of every pore of his being was so overpowering that the temperature in the room rose a few degrees. Grunting, Gabriel clutched his forehead and wobbled a little face a shade paler than normal. Everybody in the room watched in awe as their Alpha slowly gained his bearings once more, stumbling back to his seat. They watched their Alpha shake his head a few times as if to clear it from what he just had seen. Reaching out Gabriel grabbed his glass and chucked the whole thing back in one go. Nobody but the Warrior Wolves saw their Alpha's hand shake lightly as he placed the glass back on the little side table, and it worried them.

"Are you alright Alpha?" Jones, the star pupil of Cass glanced concerned at the blasé expression on their Alpha's face. Everybody knew about the visions Gabriel had ever since he was a little boy. Whenever a vision had struck him, he would be left depleted of his strength and more worriedly his blood sugar levels would drop to dangerously low levels. The levels would depend on the intensity of the vision, glancing back at his Alpha Jones concluded this was a very intense vision since Gabriel was sweating and made repeated swallowing motions.

"GABE!" They were all startled as the doors were thrown open and Hercules marched up all the way to Gabriel. As his eyes flitted quickly over his mates face, Gabriel tugged him on his lap burying his face in his neck. "Jeez, don't scare me like that again. His hands rummaged through a bag before he plopped something in his mouth. "Eat this; it should help with increasing you blood sugar levels." Gabriel pulled a face at the unpleasant taste of whatever it was Hercules forced in his mouth. "Now this shit is done, I am taking Gabe with me and you will not disturb him for the rest of the day."

Realm of the Lunar Goddess /Tartarus

There was a spike in energy coming from the human world, drawing Lady Luna's attention to Gabriel as he went through a very intense vision. She is just very annoyed that she wasn't around to know what the vision was about. Before, when she was under Lady Selene's rule she could catch a few sentences here and there about what the vision would be. There would be no way of knowing if this particular vision was important for her or that it was pack related. She couldn't go back to the Underworld and demand from Lady Selene what the vision was about without attracting too much attention. If she went to Gabriel with that question, she would look like a fool because they all believe it was her who sent him the visions.