Chapter ιζ

Sorry for grammar mistakes this is unedited. I am trying to update anything at least once a week. Little Nate in wolf form!

Human Realm: Blood-Wolf Pack

There is a slight ripple of power, a power that doesn't stand out from the power emitting from the dancing couple. Yet, someone picks up on it, blinks, eyes searching the clearing but coming up empty. The person shivers, hair standing on end, skin crawling, stomach knotting. Something bad is going to happen, is their first thought as they rub their arms to get rid of the sensation of their skin crawling.

Another power ripple that doesn't quite quite blend in, awakening another Warrior Wolf. Fully alert, the two Warrior Wolves turn to face the back of the crowd. Soon they are joined by others as there are now several faces turned towards the back of the crowd, the trees surrounding the clearing and some even to the sky. Despite all the enticing magic going on in the middle of the clearing, the Warrior Wolves do not waver. They keep focused on their job; keeping the Pack safe as long as there is a threat.

Realm of the Lunar Goddess
No, no, no, no! It should go like this! The Lunar Goddess gets up, pacing up and down in front of the Wolf. Who is watching her with calm eyes, clearly not grasping how dire the situation is. They need to be stopped! But how? Once the ritual has started, nothing can really stop it. Especially not now the Warrior Wolves are active. They are know to be vicious, mainly during the Moon Ritual. The little bursts of energy that had been sent by her to disrupt the Ritual, hadn't worked like she thought it would. In fact, they backfired. They are the reason the Warrior Wolves are now on full alert. What is she to do now, without having to take drastic measures?

You need to accept what is. Startled by the deep bass voice, the Lunar Goddess turns to face the Wolf, who is still calmly watching the Moon Ritual. It is not our job to intervene but to observe. Lady Luna grits her teeth, clenching her fists tightly. More than annoyed that the Wolf only now decided to speak to her and when he does it is to belittle her!

"He is right you know." Swirling around to face whoever dared to come to her realm unannounced, Lady Luna eyes narrow hatefully at the willowy dark haired woman dressed in soft white dress. "My Lord" she performs a curtsy to the Wolf, head bowed. The Wolf glances at her briefly before his gaze returns back to the Moon Ritual.

"Artemis, what brings you here? Unannounced?" Lady Luna couldn't really keep the animosity out of her voice while addressing the other woman. Even back when Lady Selene was the one in power and she one of her most trusted Maiden, did Lady Luna despise this particular woman. There is something about Artemis that just rubs Lady Luna the wrong way. Maybe it's the fact that everybody just accepted her as their new Moon Goddess after Lady Selene was imprisoned. That should have been me, not her! Taking a deep, slow breath, Lady Luna smiles at Artemis. Not that it matters now, I am in my rightful place, at the top.

"I am here just to make sure you don't intervene in my young cousin's Moon Ritual. He might be a pain in the ass, but he does respect the Moon Ritual and what it represents to the Wolves." Artemis ranks Lady Luna with a dark glance, "Don't try and meddle in it and make it all about you like you did with the last few ones. Your meddling in it is disrupting the whole purpose of the Ritual."

Before Lady Luna could open her mouth to reply, a shift of power erupted, forcing both Goddesses on their knees with the weight of it. Barely managing to lift her head, Lady Luna sees something that she didn't want to see. A multicoloured force that comes from both Gabriel and Hercules is twisting and turning, slowly merging into one. It is done. The Wolf gets up from his perch, tiles his head back and howls. Announcing to the world that the Ritual between those two powerful forces has been completed.