Chapter ιη

Please forgive the grammatical errors as this is not edited

Mount Olympus

Lord Hades is silent as he watches Lord Zeus' most treasured child's life force being bound together with the life force of he werewolf. He has heard little of the werewolf from Ares. Apparently the wolf is considered royalty among them and they were getting desperate with the coup that Hercules pulled to overthrow the Gods of Olympus.

Still, he can't shake the feeling that Hercules was only a pawn in a battle that wasn't of his own choosing. The real war has yet to come, and that means Zeus will need to start to pull his shit together. Sitting idle on that mighty throne of his has gotten to his head and he has gotten quite the lazy man. Don't get him wrong, Zeus is still an all powerful motherfucker, but he has started to slack and is getting easily distracted. When he pointed this out to others, they, of course, laughed and told him not to be such a paranoid ass. They say he sees conspiracies that are not there, saying that he spend too much time in the dark depths of Tartarus.

Which he does since the Titans have been getting restless and more rowdy as the days pass. The whole situation is getting on his last nerves, that combined with the worrying reports from Poseidon and Thantanos he has every right to be paranoid as fuck.

Well, at least Selena has nothing to worry about now.

A sigh escapes his tight lips as he turns away from the ritual, ready to depart and return to his hidey hole. Hoping against hope that he can bring up the patience to deal with the Egyptians that are somehow ending up on his side of the Underworld instead of their own. The fricking bird like souls — or ba as they are called and their screeching are causing a riot of their own with his own disoriented and demanding souls. Just thinking about it gives him a migraine the size of Mount Olympus and a dull throb starts behind his eyes.

Don't think about it for now. Deal with it later.

A pillar of black smoke engulfed him as he disappears back to the Underworld.

Human Realm: Blood-Wolf Pack

The sound of running paws and a pair of running feet alerts everybody in the vincincy to the chase between Wolf Nate and Hercules. Ever since the Moon Ritual several days ago Hercules has been spotted chasing the young wolf around the place. Usually Akira is somewhere hidden nearby to cut off the chase and drag the wolf back to Hercules. The wolf would grumble all the way but only put up a halfhearted resistance at being dragged. It seems that Nate finally started to catch up to his peers in brawn and instincts and schoolwork. Something that is appreciated by everybody, as there was concern about his stunned growth and development. The Pack doctor's are keeping a close eye on his progress and he is to go back for regular examinations.

"As I was about to say to you before you ran away on me you little mutt." Hercules pants as Akira holds a low growling Nate by the scruff, facing Hercules. "I thought we could get some more training done today. In your human form." The last two words are sternly spoken as it seems that Nate has gotten to the stage where he is in his rebellious stage. Up to date, he would only listen to Gabriel and ignore what everybody else says to him, no matter how high ranked they are. Nate deliberately looks away as Hercules speaks, clearly disrespecting him.

Hercules blinks and Akira tenses slightly as he can see that the Luna's patience is wearing thin. "If that is how you want to play it, fine. Two can play that game." Akira watches Hercules turn on his heel and walk away, not looking back once.

"I think you finally managed to piss him off Princeling." Akira says before dropping the young wolf on the floor. "I hope whatever it was that you hoped to accomplish is worth throwing the Luna's faith in you away that easily." Those are his panting words as his looping gait has him disappearing into the thick underbush without a sound, leaving Nate alone just like he seemed to want to be. The young wolf doesn't move for a couple of minutes as he stares in the direction Hercules and Akira had taken, sure that Hercules would return. That has always the case with Hercules since they stared this new game of 'tag'.