Part 4

Arizona's POV
It's getting dark me and Lexie have tried to fight these wolves off for what feel like years. They back off sometimes and we get a break from scaring them off with sticks, but the breaks always short and they come back again.
"What are we going to do they keep coming back?" I ask Lexie knowing she's getting tired of swinging around sticks.
"I don't know they're hungry! Why don't you go feed them!"
"I don't have anything to feed them, why don't you take a break and I'll fend them off for now" I feel bad for Lexie she had been screaming forever meaning she was fending these wolves off for about a day. She agreed and sat down against a tree trying to get comfortable.
She fell asleep quickly. It was just me and the wolves now. I need to figure out how to get us out of here. I begin looking for a tree we can climb. At least in a tree we wouldn't have to swing sticks around all day. It's dark making it easy with the light of the moon to see the tree we will be climbing tomorrow. The trees about 20 feet away from where we are now. It's got plenty of sticks and branches we can use to get up the tree.

I am snapped from my thoughts by the wolves howling again. It's daunting hearing how close they are to us. I see the walking around I stay as still a possible ready to hit them if they get close to us. The night was the same as the day I just swing sticks at any wolves who got to close.

Lexie's POV
I woke up to Arizona yelling. I look to see she's just trying to scare a wolf off. What's new? I'm starting to really hate these stupid animals. You would think that they would disappear or move on after realizing they couldn't eat us, but no they were so persistent.
"Lexie when did you wake up" Arizona looks back at me and ask as she hands me a stick.
"When you where screaming at the wolf" I say getting up and breaking a better stick off the tree.
"I have a plan-"
"What?! You have a plan? What is it?"
"If you let me talk I'd tell you lex. See that tree" Arizona says pointing to this ugly tree in the distance. I think I know where this is going.
"Yeah what about it?"
"We're going to climb that tree!" She says enthusiastically like that was a normal day to day situation.
"I can't climb a tree"
"Why? Staying on this ground is going to get us killed!"
"I feel from a tree when I was younger I'm not stepping foot in another tree!"
"Ok you're right, let's stay on the ground and get mauled" she says rolling her eyes.
"Why don't we just kill them or something, find them something to eat, anything but going in the tree!" Arizona looks at me blankly I can't see her processing what I said.
"How do we kill them? What do they eat? The trees is off the ground and safer"
"I don't know we can sharpen branches of the tree and stab them, and as bad as it sounds someone's got to be dead out here they can eat that"
"So you want to kill the wolves? What about the baby? Do we kill that too? Because I don't want to kill it"
"Arizona let's just start sharpening the branches we will figure everything else out later"
She is skeptical but begins breaking branches off. She begins to sharpen them the best she can in the woods.
4 hours later
We have made some very sharp weapons. We tested them by stabbing trees. Arizona climbs a tree and leaves me on the ground. Her plan is to attract them under the tree then through the makeshift weapon down. Hopefully the force coming down will drive it deep into the wolves and it will die.
"Arizona are you sure about this?"
"Yes Lexie, are you sure you want to stay on the ground?"
"Yeah I'll stay down here"
We both grab two weapons each. Arizona climbs the tree and I stand near the tree we've been at all day.

Arizona's POV
"Arizona woof woof" we decided that if they seen a wolf they would bark to let the other know.
Arizona gets the wolves attention and it goes right under the tree. Arizona counts to three then throws the weapon down right into the wolf. It falls over.
"Lexie do you think that was enough?" She shakes her head yes. Then starts barking again.
I look and see that the wolf begins getting back up so I throw the other weapon. It's dead after that.
"We got one Lexie!" We celebrate this small victory. I go down the tree grab the branches out of the wolf and flag Lexie over.
"We need to move it before more animals come" we drag the heavy wolf away from us and walk back to the ugly tree. Lexie agrees to go up it this time.
-
Lexie's POV
"I think that's the last one Arizona" it was difficult killing those animals who didn't know any better they needed food, but we needed to not be their food.
We both get down the tree and see the one wolf pup now alone. We both look at each other before approaching the shivering pup.
"Lexie do you smell that?" Arizona says walking around a bit.
"Is someone cooking? Arizona I think I'm going crazy, what do you smell?"
"Someone cooking" she says walking in the direction of the smell I move from the shivering pup following Arizona.
"Maybe it's the others!" I say jumping up and down. I go back to out camp grabbing all our weapons and the shivering pup. Arizona looks at me disapprovingly.
"Arizona we killed it's family we can't leave it"
She nods grabbing the pup from me and a weapon. We begin following the sent. My leg hurts so I use my branch to help me walk. Arizona only has one working hand so she's also begging to struggle. All we had for her hand was a t shirt so it wasn't really covered. We were starting to get weak. We had already been fighting wolves for a day eventually having to kill them. We were about to give up and take a break when we see the flash of a fire.
"Arizona we have to keep walking it's the others I think! There's a fire" I smile brightly seeing the glow of the fire in the distance. We walk to the fire and are met by screams. We've found people!
"Lexie? Arizona?" Mark says getting up to hug them.
"You lost the bet Yang" Mark says laughing at her. She rolls her eyes, but smiles happy that more people have showed up.
Lexie sits down my the fire with the pup while Mark tries to better wrap Arizona's hand.
"Where are the other?" I ask wondering where Meredith Alex and Owen were.
"Owens under a piece of the plane, we haven't found Mer, or Evil Spawn" Cristina speaks up.
I hope Mer and Alex are ok.
We make a plan to try and find them tomorrow before we all try and fall asleep.

____
Well they killed the wolves congrats guys!! It was impressive.
Not me forgetting that Arizona and Lexie are injured...😂
Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter