Part 12

"Hello surgeons" The paramedics say exiting the helicopter. All the doctors stand around looking at the paramedics as if they were aliens, it was weird for all of them seeing someone other than each other.
"Hi, Alexandra Grey" Lexie said, the first to talk of the group nudging everyone standing and staring to do the same.
"Nice to meet you Alexandra-" the paramedic starts.
"You can call me Lexie" Lexie interrupts.
"Ok nice to meet you Lexie-" The paramedic is interrupted again looking to the other paramedic an annoyed scowl taking over his features.
"I'm Arizona Robbins, this is Alex Karev, Cristina Yang and Derek Shepherd" Arizona says with a big smile sticking her hand out to shake the paramedics.
"Ok the introductions are nice but we have to get you out of here doctors it's getting colder-" the paramedic is interrupted again by the chatty group.
"Don't have to tell us twice, get us out of here" Cristina mutters.
"You're not considering strapping us and flying us out of here are you?-" Lexie starts getting interrupted.
"Yeah we're not flying are we because we got in a crash and ya know..." Alex says dreading the prospect that they would have to fly again.
"You guys do know you are going have to fly back to Seattle once you're better-" the paramedic begins getting frustrated with the group.
"We could drive" Arizona suggest.
"Yeah!!"
"That's genius"
"We could rent a giant van and drive back when we all get released"
The group begins talking amongst each other.
"Sorry to interrupt but we really should be going you guys could be internally bleeding for all we know you guys are surgeons...if you want we can sedate whoever doesn't want to be awake for the duration on the helicopter ride-"
"Can I get sedated"
"Me too"
"Yeah same...plane crash...flying..."
"Me too please"
"Somebody sedate me!!" Everyone looks back as they begin strapping Cristina to a gurney.
"Hey! We were in a plane crash you could be more fucking gently" Alex says angered as he watched Cristina thrash on the gurney.
The paramedic nods sedating Cristina.

"Alright we have another couple helicopters coming out to take the rest of you for now we are going to fly the most urgent" the paramedic says loading Cristina and Alex into the first two helicopters.
"Is anyone else out here or you suspect are out here, that isn't right here with you guys?"
The paramedics ask waiting with the doctors for the next helicopters.
"Owner hunt" Lexie says quietly.
"Have you guys seen him?" The paramedic ask gently.
"He was under the plane, he died when the plane went down, and crushed him" Lexie said quickly regretting ever opening her mouth.
"Oh and Jerry" Arizona says.
"And he is?-"
"Dead pilot we didn't actually see him but the whole front of the plane was smashed you could assume" Arizona finishes.
"It says there were two other surgeons on the plane, Sloan and Grey? Have you guys seen them?"
Everyone looked at Derek to answer. He looked at everyone's questions stares.
"Deceased, both" Derek says shaking his head, they only had to make it another day in these unforgiving conditions and they would have got out.
"Ok well send someone out to retrieve the four after we get you all flown to the hospital"
Everyone nods and waits for the next helicopter to come which they can her in the distance.

-

"Dr. Shepherd please stay still" The nurse try's as he sits up shaking all the hands trying to restrain him off.
"Ugh why is it so bright in here" Derek says opening his eyes fully only to be met with the bright beaming lights of the hospital.
"We can dim the lights for you, but you need to lay down please" the nurse pleads.
"My wife...where's my wife" Derek ask still trying to get up.
"I'm sure she's here somewhere receiving treatment sir" Knowing this frenzy with him wouldn't end until he had some reassurance she was here somewhere.
"Who's your wife? I can get an update from her doctors" The nurse suggest.
"Oh um Grey..." Derek mumbles feeling a wave of dizziness washing over him. With that Derek closed his eyes and relaxed in his hospital bed.
Another doctor came in to begin examining Derek so the nurse slipped away.

"Do we have a Grey in here from the crash?" The nurse asks a nurse leaning on the wall outside on of the trauma rooms.
"Yeah she's in trauma I think 3 or 4" the nurse smiles.
"Ok thank you"
"Why?"
"Oh it's um, trauma 5, he was frantic, something about his wife, Grey" The nurse said quickly heading to trauma 3 and 4.

"Grey?" The nurse looks in at the girl from the outside of the trauma room she's peering around the room. The girls eyes meet the nurses and she ushers her in the room.
"Hi, I...have you got checked out?" The nurse says noticing she doesn't seem like she's been checked out by anyone. If she had they had done a terrible job not offering her something else to wear.
"I haven't I just got rushed in but the doctors are being paged left and right there was five of us so I'm sure the hospitals begin go stretched thin trying to help us all and everything" Arizona explains. Not wanting to come off as complaining. She wasn't critical and preferred that the doctors were working on the others who were probably worse off than her.
"Can you just get me something to change into a hospital gown, scrubs, anything really..." Arizona ask as nicely as she can not wanting to be stuck in these dirty scrubs a second longer.
"Yeah I'll grab you a hospital gown...are you Grey?"
"Oh...no- Um Arizona Robbins, if you're looking for Lex she's probably in the other room"
"Oh okay, I'll go grab you that gown" the nurse smiles going to grab a gown. She hands her the gown and sees herself out.

'Alright I guess she's in 4' the nurse says to herself.
She looks through the window of 4 at the girl inside, she's sitting quietly, bandaged, and in a brace.
She knocks on the door and the girl looks up she opens the door.
"Hi...Grey? Are you Grey...Lexie Grey"
"Yeah, Alexandra Grey everyone class me Lexie, what can I do for you" Lexie says sitting up straight.
"Derek was asking about you"
"Derek? Why? He needs to be worrying about himself" Lexie rolls her eyes what is it with doctors, always worried about other people when they need to worry about themselves, are all people like this? Lexie questioned to himself.
"Oh well he was trying to look for his wife...he was trying to get off his hospital bed...I offered to go get an update for him, he said Grey so yeah I can go now tell him that your fine-" the nurse says leaving the room she really shouldn't just be conversing with people.
"Wife? Meredith? Wait!! Come back! I'm not his wife! That's my sister! Why is he asking about her?"
"Oh I'm sorry is she here or is she back in Seattle? He's probably just confused"
"No she was in the woods, she died...he knew that, he needs to get checked out he knew all that before we got on the helicopter, maybe the sedation, his brains probably fuzzy" Lexie rambles to herself.
"Oh...oh my god, I'm so sorry" the nurse says swiftly walking to the door.
"Just try and get him to focus on something else telling him about her will just stress him out" Lexie says receiving a nod from the nurse.

"Last time I EVER try and help an emotional distraught patient" the nurse mutters at the nurses station.
"What happened to you?" The nurse laughs.
"Shepherd in trauma 5 asked about his wife...his wife has a sister here...she's not here...she I guess died in the woods, I don't know why he's asking about her, but I swear I'm never going a hunt for relatives again I swear I won't-"
"You said that last time, you'll do it again" the nurse laughs.
"Yeah probably...hopefully it won't be such a mess next time" she said letting her head fall in her hands shaking her head.

So many ideas for this story...🤪
If you guys have any ideas for this story lmk I'll try to incorporate them.