Part 18

I didn't proof read sorry guys

"Wait Meredith! I can explain this, you...you were dead-" Derek stutters following behind her as she made her way down the stairs grabbing Orphan from the other room.
"Yeah you're right I was dead, but I've been back for weeks! You know when you should have explained? Probably that night maybe because I was in the hospital a couple nights from when I got off that helicopter, or maybe when I got released! Instead you chose to tell me that not only had you slept with her but she pregnant! Oh no wait! You didn't tell me! Ha...no, no, I remember my sister telling me! Thanks for that, like I said you guys can stay here I'll stay elsewhere, divorce papers in the morning! Goodbye former life!" Meredith says cheerfully stepping out of the house ignoring the pleas from Derek.
Derek watched as she stepped outside taking Orphan and placing her in the passenger seat with her duffel bag. She hopped into the drivers seat and drove off. Slowly making her way off the property. Meredith wanted Derek to soak in every moment of her leaving knowing he was watching from the door. If she was going to cry about this tonight, so was he. Although Meredith Grey promised she would not cry in front of Derek nor her sister or for that matter anyone. Meredith drove to Joe's with Orphan. Drinking. That would help this shitty situation.

"Tequila?"
"Yup"
"Meredith what is that?" Joe asked cautiously pointing to Orphan propped on Meredith's lap.
"Oh, this is Orphan, found her in the woods after the plane crash" Meredith smiled patting the small pup.
"And it's not a dog?"
"Wolf pup" Meredith says downing another shot.
"Look I know something happened because that's like your fifth shot in 5 minutes, but you can't have that in here" Joe says pointing at Orphan who's now falling asleep.
"Joe, I can't take her elsewhere, ya see my husband and my sister are having a baby..yay! Anyway I have no where to go and she can't sit in the car while I drink so-" Meredith slightly slurred.
"I'm so sorry Meredith, she can stay, this ones on the house" Joe says sliding her another shot.
Meredith nodded acknowledging Joe's kindness before tipping her head back, taking in her final shot for the night.
"I should probably go now" Meredith said stepping slowly from her bar stool.
"Would you like me to call you a cab?"
"No-"
"I've got her Joe"
Meredith looked up. Cristina. Her former person. Which had neglected to tell her about her husbands less than loyalty to her.
"Come one Meredith" Cristina tries.
"No! Get off of me" Meredith shakes her friends protective hands from her back.
"Meredith-"
"No! I don't need your help!" Meredith stomps out of the bar. Joe gives Cristina a sympathetic look as she quickly runs after Meredith.
Cristina runs up the stairs onto the street not noticing Meredith.
"Meredith?!" Cristina yelled. Where could she have gone. She could barely walk on her own. Cristina picked Orphan up off the ground walking to Meredith's car. She wasn't there. Cristina began to frantically look for her drunk friend.
"Meredith?! I know you're mad and thats fine and all, but I'm just trying to get you home!" Cristina yelled as she looked through the parking lot.

-

"Arizona?" Alex yelled walking into the quiet house.
"Alex?"
"Hey, your parents gave me a key, they said you could use some company" Alex smiled. He knew she wouldn't want visitors so he brought food as a peace offering.
Arizona smiled taking the bag he offered to her.
"Thanks Alex" Arizona beamed eating some of the fries.
"So have you tried getting up?" Alex asked noticing her wheelchair as well as prosthetic leg were unmoved from their place in the corner of the room.
Arizona's face was enveloped in a scowl now, pushing the food she had previously been indulging in away from her.
"Eat Robbins" Alex says pushing the bag back to her. She simply turned away from him.
"You have PT on Monday"
"I'm not going"
"You have to, don't you want to get out of this bed" Alex stressed.
"Alex I can't walk, I can't do anything, I don't want to go to the hospital-"
"Speaking of not being able to do anything, where's your nurse?"
"Oh Suzan, I fired her" Arizona says beginning to eat again.
"Why did you do that?!"
"She was annoying"
"Arizona you can't go firing nurses-"
"Why? Because I can't do anything by myself" Arizona yelled angrily.
"Well yes...look I know you don't like the lack of independence, but you need to accept the help, you'll never get better if you don't"
"I don't mind the help, but she was overbearing"
"Alright I understand-"
"Do you?! Do you understand waking up missing a leg?! Because I find that hard to believe" Arizona snarls.
"I was going to say I understand not wanting to be waited on hand and feet because Cristina and Lexie did the same for me, but sometimes we need to accept help"
Arizona no longer spoke. She sat still not making a move to continue the conversation. Alex nodded knowing she no longer wanted his presence there. He got up and went into the living room. Alex knew he couldn't leave her there alone, but he would give her space for the time being.

-

"Derek?" Lexie said quietly, walking to the door which was still wide open. He stood watching the unchanging scenery in front of him.
"Derek?" Lexie tried again. This time she was met with the bloodshot eyes and tear streaked cheeks of the formerly put together surgeon.
"What Lexie?!" Derek said his voice hoarse and cold. Lexie jumped at the initial tone.
"Um-" Lexie started.
"Are you happy?! I begged you not to say anything for this exact reason!" Derek yelled from the door.
"Derek I never wanted any of this to happen, but we couldn't lie to Mer forever" Lexie says weakly feeling the lump in her throat preventing her voice from raising any further. Tears slowly made their way out of Lexie's eyes as she thought about the shambles that her life was now in.
Derek's face softened slightly. He made his way to where she was standing now leaning against the couch quiet sobs racking though her body. Her shoulders shook slightly as she bowed her head. Derek put his hands on her shoulders stopped the shaking they were doing. Lexie looked up at him her immediate reaction was to push his hand off. She didn't have the strength to remove the comfort that was his hands as they lightly patted upon her shoulders she instead put her head back down.
"I'm sorry" Derek croaked out.
Lexie looked up shaking her head.
"No I'm sorry-" she is interrupted by a firm kiss being placed on her lips. She closes her eyes taking in the gesture.
A small smile creeps onto her features as she pulls away. Lexie and Derek's eyes search each other for a sign of uncertainty. Smiling when finding non. Lexie slowly raises from her leaning position on the back of the couch. Now face to face their bodies practically touching, Derek smiles embracing her slightly less distraught form. Lexie returns the embrace wrapping her arms tightly around Derek.
"I don't want to be absent" Derek whispers to Lexie.
"Then don't be" Lexie says pulling from his embrace looking deeply into his sapphire eyes. He looks back at her his smile growing.
"We should probably set up an appointment" Derek suggest.
"Yeah probably"

-

"Cristina?!"
"Mark! Get your ass over here! We need to find Mer..she she I don't know she-"
"Cristina you need to slow down"
"She's drunk and now I can't find her"
"You were drinking together?"
"No, she was drinking, I came to drink but she was leaving and clearly needed a ride, I tried to help, but she ran o it and now she's gone! Mark we need to find her someone could have taken her!" Cristina yells running back to the bar.
"Where are you going?!"
"To call someone Mark, I don't know call Derek , call the police, I don't know but start making calls" Cristina yells entering Joe's.

________________________________
Well ok then...
I kinda hate it, no I hate it.
Pack it up Lexrek I'm gonna be sick 🤢
Anyway tho hope you enjoyed and if you didn't well whoops.