Part 16

"Why we're we called for a meeting in Arizona's room?" Cristina ask annoyed, she just wanted to get Alex's to Mer's he was complaining and she wished she hadn't gone with Lexie to pick him up.
"Yeah I just got released I don't have to spend anymore time here" Alex muttered from his seat in the wheelchair.
"You're getting released today?!" Arizona said a hint of jealousy in her voice.
"Yeah just got released actually" Alex gloated.
"Um guys the chief is trying to-"
"Talk! The chief is trying to talk! Do you guys like working? If so you need to stop talking over me" Richard demands getting everyone's attention.
"So what was this meeting for?" Cristina says quietly.
"Where's Derek?" Richard asked.
"I don't know, is he supposed to be here-" Lexie started.
"No it's just a meeting for all the plane crash survivors excluding him" Cristina laughed.
"Guys shut up" Arizona says watching Richard become increasingly irritated with the group.
"Where is Shepherd" Alex asked knowing he couldn't leave till this meeting was done and it probably wouldn't start till Derek turned up.
"I am hereee" Derek slurs stumbling into the room and big smile plastered on his face. Everyone looked at him watching as he lost his footing falling over. He gets up quickly standing up as straight as he could wobbling slightly.
"Shepherd-" Richard starts.
"He's had a long week" Cristina says, quickly taking him out of the room.

"What is your problem?!" Cristina whisper yells to the plastered surgeon.
"Huh? Hiii, don't we have a meeting?" He smiles walking back in the direction of the room.
Cristina pulls him back taking him into an on call room. She locks the door and watches him stumble around.
"Derek! What is wrong with you?! Did you drive here? Intoxicated! You're a surgeon you have seen first hand how that affects families, ruins people lives, how could you be so stupid? So reckless" Cristina yells walking up to him anger burning off of her.
"Woah! I am married, and your Meredith friend I'm not fucking you" Derek laughs pushing out of the space he had been cornered in.
"Oh the last thing I want is to fuck you-"
"If you wanted too you could just say that but I'm a little drunk so..."
Cristina hand collides with his cheek without a second thought. That seems to snap him out of it.
"What the hell?!"
"Did you drive here?!" Cristina yelled at him.
"Why does that matter-"
"Why does that matter?! Why do you think it matters?! Did they skip a head CT when you got to Boise Memorial, did the excessive drinking these past few days get to you? What was it because I know you did not just ask why it matters that a surgeon was driving under the influence" Cristina says in one breath turning her head to the door which she can hear light knocks.
"You going to answer that?" Derek asked looking at the door which was being knocked on repeatedly.
"No we're not done talking, clearly the plane crash caused you to lose some brain cells, im helping" she smiles.
"Ok..."
"Why are you drinking?" Cristina starts. Maybe she's going at this from the wrong direction. Maybe yelling and anger wasn't the answer, maybe a little sympathy or a nice attitude would help.
"I don't know"
"Ok did you drive drunk"
"No"
"How did you get here?"
"Taxi"
"Ok"
"Why are you drinking?"
"Meredith"
"Meredith?"
"Yeah I kinda fucked up"
"Kinda?"
"Yea-" he's interrupted by the sound of knocking once again. Cristina goes to the door and flings it open.
"Occupied! Go elsewhere!" Slamming the door shut she goes back to sit at the table with Derek.
"Why do you care anyway"
"That's a stupid question"
"Well why do you"
"You're Meredith's husband"
"Oh so your watching your person husband now?"
"Clearly I need to.."
"I guess with the-"
"Drinking and picking up Lexie from a bar?"
"Yeah that. I didn't mean it I was drunk and she wasn't there-"
"Watch what-"
"It's just I miss her"
"We all do, but that's doesn't mean you go drink yourself till you can't physically make coherent decisions for yourself, let alone having sex with what I assume you thought a random chick, only it wasn't, it was Lexie, and you're married"
"Am I still married? How does that work?"
"Yes you're still married she's been dead for a week my god Derek do you want me to kill you"
"No sorry, I miss her"
"Ok well I'll go to the meeting you stay here because you're drunk and I'll come back to get you. Don't be stupid. If some nurse comes in kick her out"
"Thank you" Derek says as Cristina open the door receiving a nod of recognition from her.