Chapter 3

Sansa woke to find the room empty, Jamie had left early to avoid her. Once she was dressed and ready, she wandered down to the gardens.

"Sansa, there you are" Margery spoke as she saw Sansa approaching "I was wondering if we could walk through the gardens together" Sansa said timidly. "Why of course" Margery smiled as she linked arms with Sansa leading her to the paths.

"I think you should dine with me tonight" Sansa smiled at her invitation. They both looked up to see Loras coming towards them, Margery greeted him with a smile, while Sansa looked down, avoiding his eye. "My ladies" Loras spoke in a gently voice. "I would walk with you but Grandmother has asked for my presence".

After he had walked away, Sansa stared after him glancing back towards Margery with a sadness in her eye "what ever is wrong sweet child?" Sansa couldn't meet Margery's gaze. "Come, sit" Margery guided her to it on the wall.

"I was so happy when I came here, everything was falling into place..." Margery's expression changed to a sympathetic smile "I wanted to marry Loras, you said I would be happy at Highgarden" "you would of been, but you can be here". Sansa shook her head, her eyes were puffy and red.

Jamie returned to his chambers to find Sansa seated at the window she had been crying. She looked up at Jamie in shock, she hadn't expected him to return after he left so early this morning.

"Why did my mother let you go?" Jamie looked up unexpectedly, he thought of what he could say. "She wanted me to return her daughters to her" "why didn't you?" Sansa was stood up now staring at Jamie. "Do you think Joffrey would allow me?" Sansa lowered her head "I won't let him hurt you anymore". Sansa looked up at him, she spoke with an emptiness in her voice "I don't believe you".