Chapter 4

Jamie laid there in the darkness, he could hear Sansa's soft breaths. She was asleep, but Jamie couldn't stop thinking about what she had said to him I don't believe you. The truth was Sansa was his last chance of honour. He had seemed to fail at everything else. No one thought anything of him, not his father, not even Cersei. Sansa was his last hope.

Sansa's eyes fluttered open, she looked over the other side of the bed to see Jamie sleeping. She looked at him for a moment. His golden hair laid across his face. His chest rose to the movement of his breaths. She thought to herself how he do the things he's done. A man without honour they called him. She remembered what her father had said about him, when he thought she wasn't there. How he had broken his oath and stabbed the mad king in the back. The only thing that had kept him from ruin was his name, Lannister.

Joffrey had arranged a royal feast for that night. Everyone had to be there. Sansa knew he would probably have something planned. Something cruel. Sansa often thought of the boy she had once thought she had loved, the boy who told her he would never do anything to hurt her. That's why she couldn't believe Jamie, she had given Joffrey her love and trust and he repaid that love with her fathers head. She would never make that mistake again.

At the feast there was music and dancing, everyone was drunk. The noise filled the hall. Sansa and Jamie sat at one of the table at the side of Joffrey's who sat with his mother and Tywin. Lady Margery sat on the table opposite with Lady Olenna and Loras. They both sat in silence. Sansa glanced up from her seat every now and then to see Cersei looking over her eyes coldly fixed on them both.

Sansa couldn't stay there any longer, she excused herself and wandered out of the hall, to roam the red keep. Sansa finally found one of the large windows and rested her palms on the cool stone. She could feel the breeze from the sea, hitting her lungs. Sansa could hear faint voices, down the corridor she could see two figures. The light was too dim to see them.

The two figures eventually came to a stop, Sansa made sure to stay well hidden. Peering around the corner she saw Jamie and Queen Cersei. She was grasping her usual cup of wine sipping from it every few minutes. "Why are you here?" Cersei hissed. Jamie gave her a cold look "is this what I came back for, do you know what it took for me to get back to you?" "You took too long" Jamie was speechless "I swore to return the Stark girls to their mother, I swore by all the gods and you wouldn't allow it." "You made a sacred vow to the enemy, there is only one stark girl, the other little beast is probably dead in a ditch." Jamie was closer to Cersei now, her back to the wall "I did everything to get back to you, I killed to get back to you" he started to kiss her neck, pushing her back against the wall. Making Cersei drop the glass of wine. She embraced him for a few seconds then pushed him away. "You took too long". Cersei stormed away. Leaving Jamie alone.

Sansa rested her head against the stone walls, in horror of what she had just seen. She had heard the whispers, but she never thought they could be true. Sansa turned to hear footsteps coming her way. In a panic Sansa froze. Jamie turned the corner, in shock of seeing Sansa, he jumped back startled. "What in seven hells are you doing here?"