Chapter 19

Jamie stormed down the halls, he had to get away from her before he said something he would regret. He knew she was lying to him, about something, after everything he'd done for her. Why had he even tried to help her.

She was just a stupid little girl playing a game she couldn't survive. At first he felt he owed her something after his promise to her mother. But now... Now it was different, she did something to him, she had made him want to be different.

He had never wanted to marry, especially not a Stark. But Sansa was his last chance for honour, and even she didn't want him anymore.

~

Sansa dipped her foot into the hot water, it was a little too hot but she didn't care. All she could think of was Jamie, the way he stood watching her, the way he looked at her. No one had ever looked at her like that.

Jamie didn't return for breakfast, Sansa stayed in their chambers.
She decided to start sewing, she began stitching an embroidery, remembering how her septa showed her.

"that's very good, well done"

She had smiled at her kind words.

Sansa looked up to the door, hearing it open. She looked to the window realising the daylight had disappeared. Jamie walked in, not even looking at her. There was blood gathered around the corner of his lip and a slight mark starting to appear on his left cheekbone. He began to take off his leather jacket, leaving him in only his shirt and breeches.

He started to pour some wine, taking a gulp of it before turning to look at Sansa. She felt a blush rise in her cheeks. "There you are" his voice was strained. Sansa sat in silence waiting for him to say something else, but he didn't.

He started to pour another cup handing it to Sansa. She put her sewing to the side, standing up to take it. "Drink it" he said bringing the rim of the cup to his lips. Sansa just stared back at him.

"Do you think that's wise? How much have you had?" She said quietly, Jamie let out a sigh of annoyance. "Here we go, the Starks judgemental hour is upon us" Sansa turned away from him rolling her eyes. She placed the cup on the table before turning back to him.

"I'm sorry, it's not your fault is it, you Starks just can't help yourself can you? You think your better than everyone else, with your honour-"

"-yes and look at all the good it's done, my family are dead and Winterfell has been burnt to the ground, if we were better than everyone else then they'd still be alive." She snapped.

She wouldn't normally respond to his drunken words, he only said them to get a reaction. His eyes softened slightly. "I'll still never be good enough for you, no matter what I do will I?" he look another sip from his cup, not expecting an answer.

Sansa stood, unsure of what to say or do. "What is it? What is it that you want from me?" he continued. "I want you to stop drinking for a start" she took the cup from his hand placing it down next to hers.

She turned back to see his troubled face, looking back at her. "What happened?" She looked at his bloody lip. Taking a piece of cloth she dipped the corner into the cool water.

Jamie pulled his head away at first "sit down" he did what she'd told him, Sansa knelt in front of him, bringing the cloth to his lips, feeling him wince slightly at its touch. She rinsed the cloth and brought it back to his face, in an attempt to wipe the remaining blood away.

Jamie's face softened at Sansa's touch, his forehead smoothed out slightly, watching her. Her eyes were concentrated on his lips, her eyes flickered up to his, but he didn't look away like he normally would, he held her stare.

"It's should heal quickly" she began to stand up, before Jamie's arms clasped around hers, pulling her closer to him.
Sansa felt her breathing quicken, he looked at her for a moment, before pressing a soft kiss on her lips. She could taste the bitter ale on his lips, mixed with his blood, but she didn't care.

Sansa brought a hand to his face, tenderly brushing his unshaven stubble. Jamie stood up, still holding her close to him. Using the back of his knuckles he raised her chin up, brushing his thumb along her jaw to her lips.

He started to press kisses along her jaw and her neck. He felt her breathing become heavier. Leading her to the bed, he softly laid her down under him. Bringing his lips down to her collar bone, he softly planted another kiss, before bringing his face back up to meet hers.

He pressed his lips more forcefully to hers, She started to untie his shirt, pulling it over his head. The palms of her hands smoothed over his skin, using his right hand he began unlacing her dress exposing her soft skin.

Jamie began pressing more kisses on her skin, each kiss sent a fire through her. Her palms pressed against him, pushing him back slightly. Their lips still connected.

Moving her hands up to his face, her fingers traveled through his hair, making his jaw clench. He started to sit up slightly, Sansa knelt on either side of his legs, her lips were red from Jamie's touch.

His hand traveled down her waist to the bottom of her dress which had bunched up around her thighs. He moved his kisses down her neck again.

"I love you Sansa" Jamie's voice was barely a whisper, but she heard him. His face rose to look at her. She found herself saying words she never imagined she would say to him "I love you too".