Chapter 54

Jaime's ears pricked to the noise of men's voices outside the tent. He looked to his right seeing Sansa still sleeping, her body curled into him, his arm surrounding her. He felt a peace within himself that he had not felt in an eternity, she was here with him. The thoughts of her family came to him, what she had left behind to be with him. A feeling of guilt singed his stomach, she had made the choice, but he would still never be able to forgive himself for everything his family had done to hers. He wanted to believe that their love would be enough to heal that pain.

He rested his head back down on the pillow, he refrained from making the slightest move. She needed sleep, he still couldn't get the way Sansa looked when he found her in the tower. Her face was barely recognisable, if it weren't for her hair he would have dismissed the possibility that it was Sansa all together. When she had looked at him he spotted that familiar innocence that existed in her, but when he looked straight into her eyes there was something alien lurking there, something Jaime had never seen in her before. 

___

The sound of soldiers marching had become a numbing noise in Sansa's ears. She looked ahead seeing Jaime just a few horses in front. She knew the long journey they had ahead of them. The last time she turned her back on Winterfell felt like a lifetime ago. After her father's execution she had realised she had left her childhood behind, she wondered what part of her she had left behind this time. Perhaps what little remained of her naivety. 

The little girl Westeros had thought they knew had gone, the last part of her had died with Ramsey. She had become the woman she was always meant to be and she was now with Jaime once again, the man she was always meant to be with. Nobody in Westeros could tear them apart.

____

(Hi guys, I am so sorry for how long it has been for an update, I'm sure most of you had given up. I know this is only a little update but I just wanted to write something. I just haven't had the motivation to write anything, and didn't want to continue it for the sake of it. What did you all think of the final season? I loved Sansa's ending (obvs), but I kind of have a love/hate feeling towards Jaime's ending. I will be updating again at the end of this week! Thankyou for being so patient.)