Chapter 15

Jamie felt Cersei's warm breath on his face, he hadn't felt this close to her since before he left to fight. He remembered how better she made him feel even if it was just for a moment. Then he remembered Sansa.

"No" he tried to sound defiant, but he barely whispered it. Cersei's eyes snapped open "what?" Jamie pulled his head away. Remembering his promise to Sansa, he couldn't. He got up to leave.

"That's it go back to your little Northern whore" Cersei's voice was vicious, laced with venom. "Stop it" Jamie was practically shouting now. "That Northern whore is my wife, whether you like it or not." Cersei's lips turned up as if she was going to laugh "you're in love with her aren't you. Did she open her legs to you, is that it, you couldn't resist our little dove, she-"

"-I said stop it" Cersei smirked again "fine, leave" Jamie turned away "I found Lancel better company anyway".

Jamie furrowed his brow before turning to his sister. "What are you talking about?" Cersei brought the cup closer to her mouth.

"What you think I laid alone in bed at night, crying myself to sleep waiting for you?" Jamie remained silent for a moment. "So when I was lying in the mud bleeding for our family, for you, you were with him?"His jaw tightened.

Cersei pressed her lips together, realising what she had just done, "you're a hateful women, why did the gods let me love someone as twisted as you" a single tear slipped from Cersei's eye. "I pity you" Jamie turned and left Cersei, the only thing left of him was his name, "Jamie please don't, please-" she was alone once more, with only a cup of wine to hold.

~

Sansa jumped at the eruption of Jamie charging through the door. She got to her feet. "You've been a long time, I wondered where you'd gone" she said unpretentiously. Jamie glanced and her before starting to loosen the ties around his crimson leather jacket.

"You would of had Oberyn, don't act so concerned." He said scornfully. "I... I don't understand" he looked back at her irritatingly "nothing".

Sansa swallowed nervously, while she watched Jamie pull angrily at the ties with his left hand, "Let me" Jamie reluctantly lowered his hand. "I can do it" Sansa approached him slowly. "I know, but I can still help you" she said looking at the gold glinting from his golden hand.

She raised her hands and started to pull gently at the ties loosening, his jacket exposing his lightly tanned chest. She felt him watching her "Never betray me" Sansa looked up meeting his stare. "What?" Her voice was quiet. "Promise me, if you want my loyalty, I need yours in return." Sansa spoke quietly "I promise".

Jamie's stern expression loosened, making her feel more at ease. He lowered his head to meet her soft lips. At first she resisted, stiffening her body. Her hands were still placed on his uncovered chest, pulling him in closer to her, she leaned more into the kiss. Jamie's hand grasped her back, touching the delicately woven fabric.

He raised his hand loosening the dresses held over Sansa's shoulders. She pulled the jacket away from Jamie's chest, he pulled his arms out of it, dropping it to the ground.

He started leading her backwards, towards the bed. Before laying her down, he pulled the blue and silver threaded dress over her head.

Leaning in closer to her, his hand brushed against her thigh, he moved his kisses across her face, traveling down her neck and shoulders. He started to untie his breeches, leaning in closer to her.

~

Jamie woke to a breeze traveling across his face, he looked to Sansa who was still tangled in the sheets next to him, her red hair was spread over her bare shoulders.

Her eyes flickered open, she pulled the sheets up, covering her chest. She tucked her hair behind her ears, looking up to Jamie. He was leaning over the bed tying his breeches. He stood up, turning to her.

"Where are you going?" He thought for a few seconds "I'm going to see someone, I'll be back soon." He leaned on the bed pressing a kiss on her forehead before he left.

~

Sansa leaned her head back, letting the warm water pour over her. Shae pushed her head up, squeezing the water out of her hair. Sansa circled her fingers over the waters surface. "I want to go and see it" she turned her head around to look at Shae.

"Will you come with me?" Shae carried on combing through her wet hair. "See what?" Her foreign accent as strong as always. "Robb's head" Shae looked at her for a moment "why?" She said wrapping an under dress around her.
"I have to see it" Shae let out a sigh "fine, I'll come with you, but after you've eaten."

After she had eaten and her hair was dry, Shae brushed through it, letting it flow down her waist, she pulled the front bits that hung over her shoulders, and pinned them back. Then she helped her into her dress, a subtle pink material, that was laced with gold. Sansa then drapped a shawl that matched the material over her arms.

~

Shae followed Sansa down the large corridors to the high walls of Kingslanding. She had to see it, she remembered how she saw her fathers head and how it changed her. She remembered how stupid she had been and how they had broken her trust, she wanted to remember her family.

Once they reached the walls, Sansa approached slowly to the edge, there were two guards standing nearby. Sansa called them to show them Robb Stark's head. One of them pointed to one of the heads that was further away from all the other men than, Joffrey had condemned to death.

Once they had left, Sansa slowly walked towards it, still not directly looking at it. "You don't have to look Sansa, you know it's here" she looked up at Shae who rested a hand on her arm, she gave her a brief smile, "I have to do this."

She stepped out onto the ledge looking up at the head that was spiked upon the wall. She looked into its eyes, she stopped for a moment. Furrowing her brow "no... No" Shae approached her, pulling her back. "I knew this wasn't a good idea, come lets-" Sansa pulled away from her.

"no, you don't understand, that's not my brother... That's not Robb."