Chapter 35

Sansa paced backwards and forwards across the room. She knew how dangerous Ramsey was, she knew that if he even suspected her, her brother would be dead. She had to be careful, she couldn't risk Rickon's life over stupidity.

She had promised that she would protect him, the only strength she had of saying those words was Jamie. She remembered the promises he made her. How he avenged her brothers death by killing Roose Bolton. She needed her own strength now, she had to be strong.

She heard the door start to unlock, she turned to the door waiting for Ramsey to appear. To her surprise it wasn't him who entered. Myranda appeared "My Lady, Lord Ramsey has organised a feast, in honour of Lord Umber" she waited for a moment watching Sansa who remained silent. "He has asked me to help you get ready" she locked the door behind her. In her arms she held a dress, Lord Ramsey had this made for you, he says it was like the dresses your mother used to wear.

---

Sansa sat at Ramsey's side as he'd told her to, she had a small smile holding her lips in place as he'd told her to, she greeted the Lords that kneeled in front of them as he'd told her to.

She did everything as he'd told her to, on the outside she acted as a loyal and loving wife to Ramsey. But on the inside she was screaming. All she could think of was her brother, alone in the darkness.

All the Lords seated themselves at their tables. Ramsey rose, grasping a cup in his cold hand. Out of the corner of her eye Sansa could see Theon, who stood with his shoulders hunched and his head down, avoiding everyone's glances.

"My Lords we are here in honour of Lord Umber" Sansa watched all the faces who stared back at Ramsey, she could see the fear in their eyes. Most of them were too frightened of what Ramsey would do to them if they didn't swear their allegiance to him, the rest were traitors.

"We are finally a united North once more and when Winter comes we will be ready" he raised his cup slightly, and looked down at Sansa. She furrowed her brow slightly glancing at him for a moment. He carried on speaking for a few moments, numerous Lords cheered and stood to their feet, all raising their cups. Ramsey sat back down, he sipped his wine watching Sansa.

She took her eyes away from him, looking around the hall, filled with cheers and the clashing of cups. She forced herself to take a sip of the wine sat in front of her. Her eyes fell upon a girl stood across the room from her. Her strangers face watched Sansa, as Sansa watched her. She stood perfectly still, not saying a word, only staring back at her.

Sansa felt uneasy with her stare lingering on her, she tried to look away but every time she glanced back to her, the strangers face was still fixed on hers.

---

It had been a few weeks since the feast, Ramsey hadn't allowed her to leave her room. She had been returned to only wearing her night dress, exposing the bruises that Ramsey had painted all over her body, her hair was down and rested over her shoulders.

Sansa couldn't bare to keep her eyes closed, all she could picture was her brother, all alone, whimpering. She sat up in the bed, pulling her knees closer to her. She heard her door opening, she refused to look up at whoever it was. She didn't care who it was. It could be Theon, to leave her food that she never ate in front of her. It could be Myranda to taunt her with her stories. Or it could be Ramsey, to do what ever he liked to her.

"My Lady I've been sent to give you a bath" she didn't recognise the person who the voice belonged to. She forced herself to raise her head up from her arms. It took her a few moments to realise who's she was, but she remembered it was the strangers face from the feast. The one who had looked right through her.

The girl looked back at her, waiting for her to get up. Sansa pushed herself off the bed, forcing herself to stand.

The water was hot, too hot. It soaked her skin, it made her feel every mark her over again that he had left on her body. The girl washed her hair. She pulled at it, desperately trying to get the knots out.

After a few moments of silence, Sansa spoke "what's your name?" She waited for the girl to respond, but received no answer. Sansa furrowed her brow, looking away from the girl. The stranger waited before speaking "Does he do this to you?" Sansa gave the response she had got from the girl, remaining silent, she simply glance her in the eyes, before looking down into the water.

"He has Rickon doesn't he? I've heard Lord Umber boasting about it with his men" it pained her to hear his name, knowing she had blatantly lied to her little brother, she couldn't protect him, no more than she could protect herself.

"Nothing's more hateful than failing to protect the one's you love" the girl spoke in a serious tongue. Sansa looked at her, she could see the pain in her eyes. "Who couldn't you protect?" The girl broke her eye contact with Sansa.

The girls voice was strained as she spoke "My Father, My Mother, My Brothers... And my Sister... I couldn't protect her either". Sansa said nothing, watching the girl intently.

"I'm no-one"