Waking up

Kokichi's POV

"Are you ready Kokichi?" Kaito asked, "Y-yeah" I replied, to be honest I wasn't.

He turned on the press. I watched as the top lowered, my fear grew, my heart started to race. I closed my eyes, trying to think of something happy.

The press crushed my body. I wanted to scream but I couldn't, than I saw black, than white.
______________________________

I could hear a people talking and walking. I could feel something like sheets and an uncomfortable bed. Something was lifted off my head and I opened my eyes, immediately closing them from the brightness.

"Hello, Ouma." I hear someone say it was a male voice, they didn't sound familiar though. I open my eyes again and look at them. They had brownish hair and heterochromia. One eye was red while the other was green.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Hajime. The whole game was a simulation. Everyone is alive. " He said with a smile on his face. My eyes widened and I jolted up, immediately laying back down from pain. Dr. Hajime's smile disappeared.

"I'd recommend not moving your body too much but I have to do some test. Your death was one of the cruelest in all the games. " He said, I nodded.

" I know you're capable of sitting up. Can you move your right arm?" I moved every joint my arm.

" Great, now your left. " I moved every joint in my left arm.

" You're right leg. " I tried to pick it up, but it didn't move. I kept trying for a few more minutes but it wouldn't move, it felt numb. Dr. Hajime wrote something down on a piece of paper clipped to a clip board.

"Okay, now your left" I couldn't move that one either. I started to panic when Hajime grabbed my wrists, "Hey, hey, it's alright." His voice was soft and calm. I debated whether to trust him or not. I decided I would, he is a doctor after all.

"You're not allowed to have visitors yet but there are two people who want to see you, Miu and Gonta" I shot up again, my eyes wider than before.

" T-ey 'hat?! " I say, immediately covering my mouth afterwards. Dr. Hajime was even shocked.

"So it didn't just cause you to have paraplegic and  mess with your physical appearance, I should have expected that. " He sighed, he hit a button on his shirt, "Bring Makoto Naegi to room 203, Kokichi Ouma."

" Huh? " I say, "Oh Makoto is your speech therapist, if you mean the appearence thing than..." he gives me a hand held mirror. What I see could have caused me to scream if my throat didn't hurt so bad.

My hair was white and my eyes were two different colors. One was yellow while the other was purple. I was paler than in the game and I had bags under my eyes.

" ' hat's rog ith e?" I ask,

"A lot of thing right now, your lung aren't working properly, we had to set up and oxygen tank for you when you died. We had to replace a kidney, and had to hook you up to a heart monitor. Don't worry you're in stable condision now." I nodded and looked down at my hands. I started to tear up, I can't believe everyone is alive. I'm so sorry Gonta, Miu, Shuichi, Kaito...everyone.

Just as I finished that thought another guy came in. He had light brown hair and hazel eyes. He looked almost like to Dr. Hajime.

"Hello, Kokichi! I'm Doctor Naegi, your speech therapist" my eye brows perk up, the doctors laugh slightly. Dr. Hajime leave and Dr. Naegi sit's in his place.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna make you learn the entire japanese language again, just the basics and pronouncing the letters." His smile was really bright. It made me feel comfortable. I nod my head and he pulls out a deck of cards, "Here, today we'll just be pronouncing letters, okay?"

"Kay", he points at a letter, "Okay, this is the sound this makes-"

He had managed to teach me half of the letters in half an hour. Than he packed his stuff up and left. I thought about hugging him but decided against it because the pressure might remind me of the press.

Dr. Hajime came back in with a smile on his face, "Naegi told me you learn half the letters in one session. That's good" I nod and bring my knees to my chest.

"Can Kokichi see visitors?" I asked, Dr. Hajime shook his head, "Not yet, we have to test out phobias and things before we let anyone near you incase it triggers something. We've done this to everyone who's died so far." I stay silent for a moment, "Doctor Hajime, is it gonna hurt?" he thinks for a second.

"It depended on what you have a phobia of. I doubt some of the things you're scared of can hurt you though. You were claustrophobic when you first entered the killing game so you most likely still are and it's probably worse." I nod and look around. Dr. Hajime leaves me alone in the room to get something for me to eat.

869 words. That was the first chapter. Just so you know I suck at starting and ending things so if this sucks it'll most likely get better once we're really into it. I'm hoping I can actually get through with this book. Also I'm sorry if something is spelled incorrectly, I'm writing this on my computer that doesn't have audo correct.