Nightmares

TW: Flashbacks to game, Korekiyo's sister, hints at anorexia, Kiyo being obsessed with soft ball

Kokichi's POV.

I watched as the press lowered. I felt my body crush, the feeling of my bones cracking and my organs turning flat. My muscles popping. The pain was unbearable. I tried to scream but couldn't. Everything faded to black. What I saw next was horrifying. Everyone who had died was on the ground bleeding, on fire, or anything.

Deaths, executions. Monokuma and Tsumugi were the only ones standing besides me.

"Do you like the little gift! Now, Miu and Angie. Wonderful girls! Now look Miu's face is all blue and that's your fault! " She laughed.

" N-no.... " I whisper, making the two laugh harder.

"And dear old Angie, she looks a little more beat up just to scare you! " I fall to my knees and look at Korekiyo. His body was melting, salt being thrown at him. He was the only one screaming, it was loud and painful, as if he'd been burning in hell.

"No... No! Nonono" Then I woke up.

"NO!" I screamed. I looked. I was back in the bedroom. Korekiyo at his desk studying cultural anthropology.

"Kokichi?!" He shouted as he turned around. He walked towards me and held my hand. I was crying and squeezing his hand as if he'd fade away if I didn't. I couldn't get my breathing to low down and began to hyperventilate.

"It was just a dream, everything's okay calm down." He said. He rubbed circles into my back. Eventually I calmed down. He picked my up and brought me to the kitchen, sitting me on one of the chairs. He grabbed a glass from a cabinet and filled it with water, handing it to me.

"What happened?" He asked. I took a sip of my water, "a nightmare..."

"do you wanna talk about it?" I shook my head. I tried to get out of the chair, forgetting my legs don't work. I fell to the ground and yelped. Korekiyo picked me up and brought me back to bed.

"Do you want me to sing to you like I did in the game?" I nodded, I missed when he did that.

" You don't have to speak, don't need to talk to me.  Dear, I already know..."

I closed my eyes, falling asleep again.
_______________________________________________

Korekiyo's POV.

I'd gotten half way through the song when I realized he was sleeping. I could hear faint snores. I smile and sit back at my desk.

After a while of studying I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Kokichi, what are you doing up? It's..." I looked at the clock.

"Six a m? Yep, go to bed Kiyo. You need sleep" Kokichi said as he put a book mark on the page I was reading and closed it.

I nod and lay on my bed, closing my eyes. He left and went to make toast. I fell asleep.
_______________________________________________

"Korekiyo, you know I'm the only one who can protect you silly~" my sister whispers in my ear. I try to pull away from her but can't, she was grabbing my arm too tight.

"Leave me alone!" I yell. She begins to laugh chaotically, "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME KIYO~" I begin to cry.

"Stop! Please! " I fell to my knees and covered my ears. It didn't stop her whispers. Instead they became louder. I began to scream 'shut up' over and over again.
_______________________________________________

Kokichi's POV.

"I'm back with the toast" I say, thinking he's still awake. Korekiyo suffers as many nightmares as me, usually about his sister. I put the toast on his desk and look at him, he was crying and whispering 'shut up'. I roll my way towards him.

Shit!

"Kiyo!" I yell, he shoots up and looks at me then pulls his knees to his chest and hides his face.

I get off my wheelchair and get onto his bed, "Kiyo..." I say, "D-don't call m-me that, please" he stutters. The only time he hates when I call him that is when he thinks about his sister.

"Korekiyo, come here" I say, he crawls next to me and lays his head on my shoulder. I play with his hair, calming him down.

I get back in my wheelchair and Korekiyo pushes me out of the room.

"Are you going to eat today?" He asks, I huff, "Not hungry" I lie. I was getting over my fear.

"Kichi, it's been three days, please." Korekiyo says, I shake my head. He sits me at the table and gets a piece of bread, "At least eat this, you look like a skeleton" I sigh, " fine... "

He smiles and gives me the piece of bread. I slowly begin eat it, forcing myself to swallow. I had only eaten a few bites before I was done.

"It's funny how both of us have nightmares on the same night." Kiyo says. I shrug and grab some water from the fridge.

I got a text from Miu,
_______________________________________________

'You two wanna come play soft ball?'

'Please tell me it's actual soft ball and not a vibrator dildo or sum'... '

'WELL DUH, I'M NOT THAT BAD!'

'sure I'll ask Kiyo'
_______________________________________________

I put my phone in my pocket, "You wanna play soft ball with Miu and Angie? " I ask, his face lights up.

" YES " I shouts, "...What the fuck?" He grabs my wheels and literally bolts to the park where there's a soft ball net.

"SOFT BALL" He yells again. We spot the girls who look concerned.

"Kiyo... Are you okay?" Angie asks, he nods.

Idk soft ball is the only sport I've played in my life besides soccer and I sucked at that. I also headcanon that Kiyo loves soft ball more than anthropology.