Chapter Eleven

She kept crying while he stood there trying to console her and take every pain of her. Picking her up he took her under the shower. He caressed her hair and kissed her forehead keeping his lips for more than required. Assuring him that she is safe with him in his arms.

Nandini stood there looking at him unaware of the havoc her innocent eyes were creating on him. Her eyes showed her pain, helplessness while he stood there cleaning every part of her body.

Manik was aware of his desires but he controlled for baby standing in front of him.

Picking her up he took her to the bed and tucked in duvet switching the AC off.

Manik's POV

"I will be back " I said after covering her with duvet but she held my hand nodding in no.

"Just 5 minutes till then you wear this" kissing her forehead I left to change giving her a loose sleeveless T-shirt and shorts.

"Let's apply this on my baby's soft body then she will take rest" I came coming towards her with an ointment.

Taking her in my lap I applied it not before kissing evey bruises on her body while she sat there leaning her head on my shoulder in deep thoughts.

"Am I a bad girl hubby?" Asked Nandini after few minutes while I sat there caressing her hair.

Why would she think like that? She is the most beautiful and purest soul I have ever met.

"who told you this? my baccha is good girl" I said smilingly pecking her cheeks.

"Manik Malhotra control" my brain screamed while I just rolled my eyes and kept pecking her hair time to time.

"Chachi and Aliya di told me that I'm a curse to them who stole Aliya di's happines. And dadi told she will throw me out of this house and make Aliya di your wife. They also didn't give food and made me clean whole house. You know I was so hungry. Rats were running in my stomach but they didn't let me eat anything. They were punishing me because I stole chachi's ring. But Mani I promise I neve stole anything not even Aliya di's toys." She said lifting her head and pinching her throat.

With her each word my anger rose but I controlled it for her sake and my heart ached with her last words.

"I know my Nandu is a good girl and she never steals anything." I said kissing her forehead and laid her completely over me. She snuggled in my chest while I just engulfed her completely in me.

"Manik please tell Dadi to not throw me out. Where will I go? I want to be here with you and mumma also said after marriage hubby house is mine"
She said with sadness in her voice.

"I won't let anyone touch my baby. My Nandu will always be with her Mani. Nandu promise."

I could feel her lips streching on my chest while a smile reflected on my face too. This little girl has wrapped me on her small finger.

"Now sleep then we will go for icecream" I said patting her head making her smile more wide.

****

"I don't know Arjun. I can't see her like this and something is there which is hidden to us. And I will find it. I can't see her suffering" i was on a call with Arjun standing in balcony while my eyes were on Nandini who was sleeping peacefully. I don't want her out of my sight even for a minute.

"Manik relax we will find solution. You just don't leave her alone also I have hired detectives for all the information. You just take care of your baby baaki I'm their to handle everything" I know he is there and till the time I have him in my life nothing can go wrong.

***

I was walking back in room after taking juice and some snacks for Nandini when I heard some voices from Dadi's room.

I peeked in her room to see her shouting on phone.

"I sent Pallavi and Raj to Delhi with this much difficulty but you idiot can't track about Manik's whereabouts. You told me he will come after 2 days and now because of you my plan failed. Otherwise I would have killed that girl and Nandini Kapoor would be a history but now I will kill you." Saying Dadi threw the phone in anger while I stood there shocked.

Her words kept ringing in my mind. "Dadi want to kill Nandini but why?
What's going on in my life? I need to find out and I guess I know who can help me in this mess." Thought Manik sitting beside Nandini.

****

Hye! Sorry for being late. Was really busy. Anyway the update is here and hope you all liked it?

Also I was wondering if anyone could help me with the cover of the stroy? I tried once but it turned out to be a disaster.

Love
Your lazy writer