Chapter Thirteen

Sorry for the late update. Studies and Covid is taking toll on me.

I hope everyone out there is okay. Please take best care of yourself and your family

"Dad" I shouted and went towards him.

"Manik" Dad whispered. He was trying to open his eyes. Blood on his arm freaked me out.

"Where is mom and Nandu dad?" I asked keeping his head in my lap while he tried keeping his eyes open.

Dad pointed towards the corner where Maa was lying unconscious and he too lost his consciousness saying "Maa.. Nandu"

Listening his words my anger rose to it's peak. How bloody dare she.

Taking Mom and Dad one by one in my arms I reached hospital as soon as possible calling Arjun meanwhile.

I was worried sick for Nandu. My heart was beating at jet speed with all what have happened and what all can happen with my baby.

Mom- Dad's condition was making me miserable. I wanted them.with me.

"Doctor" I yelled for Doctor as soon I laid them on stretcher.

***

"Manik relax! Police is trying to find her" Arjun tried for the nth time to console Manik who was walking here to there in hospital corridor calling commissioner in every 10 minutes.

"What relax? It's been 3 fucking hours and there are no signs of my baby. You understand that? I don't even know where did Dadi vanish with her?" Manik said palming his face sitting beside Arjun.

"She is so innocent, so naive, so fragile. I can't even see a scratch on her" Manik spoke after few minutes of silence.

Even the though was scaring him. For the first time he was scared in his life for his life.

That moment Manik knew Nandini was his life and he can't imagine his life without her.

***

"Manik are you sure about it?"

Manik whose concentration was on driving looked at Arjun and replied
" I don't know Arjun. I'm not sure. But I have a gut feeling that Dadi can't take her away from Malhotra Mansion."

"But where can she keep her in Mansion" asked confused Arjun following Manik who ran to the store room.

Not finding her there he panicked. Both the friends were in thinking.

"Basement" both shouted together. Manik looked at Arjun widening his eyes and next second Manik was running towards it followed by Arjun and opened it's door with bang.

***

"Nandu" Manik whispered as soon as he saw her tied sitting in a chair with a man pointing his gun towards her in half unconscious state.

"Aa gaya mera baccha" Daadi said coming towards him with a smile while the other three devils smirked at him.

"Manik you took so long. I thought you will come to me little earlier" said Daadi keeping her hand on his cheeks who jerked her hand glaring her.

Daadi chuckled looking at her angry boy " This anger Manik, this anger I expected from my son for this bitch sitting here. But he always loved her despite all the thing. But today they were not able to save her." Anger was visible in her tone. And more than that there was hatred.

Manik stood still looking at her baby. He wanted to run and take her in her arms and believe she is all right. But alas he can't do that.

He was regretting the moment he decided to leave her at home.

His chain of thoughts broke by the disgusting touch on his jawline which he jerked and glared at person standing in front of him.

"Don't you fucking there me touch Ms. Aliya Kapoor" Manik shouted making Aliya flinch at his tone.

"Why Manik? Why are you doing this. I love you and you too love me. For this bitch you are doing this. You don't know she is a murderer"

Aliya too shouted back at Manik. She was desperate. Desperate for his love? No ways. Desperate to save her career with his name and fame.

Unknown to her she was finding her knight in her destoyer.

Manik who was well aware of her tactics roller his eyes at her drama. While the other audience showed full support to with all sympathy.

Aliya tried once again coming close and touching his shoulder. He was so angry on himself for falling for a girl like her. He pushed her

"STAY AWAY. I don't love you. I LOVE NANDINI"
Manik said with red eyes looking at Aliya while she cried. Only if she knew even if she dies right away Manik won't even flinch let alone being remorseful.

Manik tried calming himself and turned towards Dadi

"Why Dadi? Why do you want to kill my innocent baby? Atleast think about me. First you made her my bride without my consent and now when I have accepted her you are taking her away with me. My life is a joke for you?" Manik shouted but she stood there without any expressions.

***
Manik's POV

"How can she be so heartless" I was so much rage. Why is she silent now?

Before Dadi could say anything I heard Nandini coughing.

Ignoring everything I ran towards her. Daadi kept shouting my name threatning me of killing her.

I pushed the person beside her hitting his head with a wall and took gun from him.

"If anyone tries coming towards my baby or harming her,  I will kill that person" I said pointing my gun towards them along with opening all the ropes.

"Nandini" I patted her cheeks trying to wake her up.

"No Manik. I can't loose to this girl. She can't snach you from me. She has to die. This girl has to die." Aliya said pointing a gun towards Nandini.

Before he could understand anything Aliya pulled the trigger of gun.

"Nandini"

***