Chapter Four

"Nandini you will go to your chachi's place today for remaining rituals today and Manik will come to pick you tomorrow"  said Dadi while having her breakfast.

Manik was already gone for his meeting to Pune and due to some work even Raj left for office.  It was just ladies of the house today.

Nandini's face became pale by the though of going to the hell but having no choice she nodded her head. Pallavi noticed this but even she was helpless in front of her mother in law.

***
Manik reached home late night around 2am.  His bed was not messy but somewhere he didn't like this clean bed.  He looked for her in the whole house assuming that she slept somewhere while playing but found her nowhere.

He wanted to ask his parents but ditched the thought of disturbing their sleep and decided to look for her himself. About to call his guards he noticed message send by his mom regarding Nandini.

He releases his breath which he was holding unknowingly and laid on bed after freshening up.  But sleep was far away from from his eyes.  Something was missing,  he felt restless but he didn't know what.

"Manik are you okay?  You look tired?" asked Pallavi on the breakfast table seeing bags under his eyes. He nodded not wanting yo worry her.

"You have to pick Nandini from her home" said Dadi looking at Manik

"i am not going to that place. I have a meeting.  Ask driver to pick her " said Manik standing up,  ready to go his office.

"it's my order not a request"  saying this Dadi left from there while Manik stood there cursing under his breath but a caressing hand stopped him

"Manu please go and get her. She might be expecting you" sighing Manik nodded and went to pick his wife.

Manik reached Kapoor's place but the sight in front of shocked him. Nandini's chachi was beating her through belt  while Nandini was on floor crying in pain.

"how dare you steal my ring " Mrs.  Kapoor barked with hatred clearly in her eyes while the innocent soul was just nodding her head unable to form words.

"Mrs. Kapoor! " Manik thundered making her stunned at her place while Nandini also looked towards his direction.

Manik marched towards Nandini ignoring Mrs. Kapoor's existence and kneeled in front of her. Manik touched her arm and she hissed.

"Are you okay?" asked Manik lovingly and she nodded negatively looking at him with her big innocent eyes.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS" warning her Manik barged out of the place scooping Nandini in his arms who fell unconscious. Mrs.  Kapoor kept calling him from behind but he gave two hoots to her and suddenly her phone got to it's life.

"Alya!  I want you home by tomorrow" She yelled over the phone

"But Mom-" before Alya could reply the line went dead

****

10 likes and you will have next update.  It's almost ready.