Chapter Six

Manik's sleep broke due to continuous ringing of his phone.  It was his PA Rohan. He looked at Nandini who was completely on him sleeping peacefully. Kissing her forehead he picked the phone.

"What is it Rohan?" asked Manik with stern voice

"What the hell? I said i won't be coming to office today. You can't handle it properly for  a single day" Manik started shouting but seeing Nandini stirring she lowered his volume but stern enough to shiver the person on call.

"Fine! I will come. "saying he cut the call.  He looked at Nandini who was sleeping soundly.  He didn't want to leave her alone but the meeting was important. 

***

" Mani!!! " Nandini yelled opening the door of conference room huffing badly and behind her there were guards and receptionist too huffing badly.

Nandini looked around the conference room seeing so many people but as soon as her eyes caught him she ran towards him and hugged him.

While in room everyone was shocked including Manik and Raj.

"Sir!  We stopped her but she ran like a brat and-" she gulped her voice seeing his hand.

"Excuse me gentlemen!  Give me a minute." saying this Manik dragged Nandini to his cabin and closing the door shouted

"What the hell are you doing here?" listening  his voice Nandini flinched and tears made their way in her eyes.

"Not again!" Manik sight being irritated with her tears.

"Woh Mani main-"she  started meekly but Manik cut her in between "look i don't have time for all this now so you better go" Manik called the driver and left for the meeting.

It was 10 P. M. When Manik came out of the office.  There was no one in the office as it was so late for the office timings. 

"What are you doing here? " asked Manik as soon as he saw the driver standing near the gate.

"Sir you told me to drop Nandini Ma'am so i was waiting for her" Manik got shocked listening him

"It's been 4 hours for that and you didn't find it important to tell me" Driver shivered listening him yell while Manik went inside the office running following by the guard.

Manik's breath hitched not finding her in the cabin.  He didn't know what to do. His face paled.  Where could she go?

"Check entire office.  I want her in front of me within 15 minutes " Manik ordered guards with a shivering voice. Meanwhile he checked the CCTV.

He blamed himself for how she cried after he left the cabin.  He saw her entering the lift but she never came out of it. 

His face lost all his colors as he ran towards lift realizing where was she stuck since so many hours.

The lift was stuck between fourth and fifth floor.  He called her name but no one replied.  He yelled, shouted at guards for being so irresponsible. 

He was going mad with the thought of anything happening to her. He felt so helpless.

After an hour lift finally came to life.  His breath stuck seeing her lying unconscious with all the sweat running her face.

"Nandini!! " He went and took her head in his lap while she laid unconscious unaware of happenings.

" CALL THE DOCTOR NOW" scooping her in his arms he took her in a room inside his cabin.

Doctor came in 20 minutes while those 20 minutes were like decade for Manik.  He just sat there caressing her hair and kissing her forehead time to time.

After an hour Nandini got her conscious back while Manik sighed and hugged her tightly.

"Never pull such stunt on me again " Manik said within the hug

Nandini didn't reply and after 10 minutes waiting for her to say anything he broke the hug and cupped her face

" Are you okay baby?  Is it paining anywhere? Why are you not speaking anything? "

" I am katti with you.  I won't talk to you.  You scolded me. Chachi also scolds me.  Everyone scolds me" saying this she again started crying

***

50 likes for the next update?

Did you like the chapter?

Vote & Comment :)

~Sakshi