a letter from fred.

⟶ in which, you recieve a letter from the one you love. This is small series which came to my mind and I just thought, why not? There are no warnings, just a wholesome amount of fluff that might make you gag. The reader is gender neutral. 

You sighed looking at the pictures from Bill and Fleur's wedding. It was beautiful. They had let you borrow the album for the day. Fleur had excitedly shown you a heartfelt letter Bill had written to her. While he turned as red as his hair, you couldn't help but smile at it's sweetness. You bit your lip, looking over at Fred.

“Fred,” you began slowly. “How come you never wrote me a letter?”

“A letter?”

“A looooove letter”

Fred laughed, coming to sit near you. He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, kissing your forehead.

“What's to write? I'm in love with a beautiful person, who's an amazing kisser by the way— ouch.”

You rolled your eyes and dramatically wiped off un-shed tears.

You certainly did not expect it when he dropped a piece of paper on your lap the next morning.

Muffin, you’ve asked me to write you a letter declaring my love for you, but tell me— have I ever been quiet about how much I adore you? But since you have asked, I will do it. Even if it makes me look like a lovesick fool. Then again, I always look like that when I’m around you. Or so George tells me.

It’s been almost five years we’ve spent together but they feel like forever. I’ve memorised the way your smile curves up every morning as you open your eyes in a daze, the way you hum quietly as we cook, how you cannot sleep without cleaning away the clutter around our bed. I’ve memorised the way your eyes crinkle at the corners on hearing an obscene joke, how you rest your head against my neck when you’re tired. I would gladly watch all those things over and over again. They make me happy. You; make me happy.

This sounds a lot cheesier on paper, huh? I’m tempted to make a very bad corny joke but I think I’ve learnt my lesson since the last time I used one on you. So I won’t.

It’s just— just the fact that I do not know how to put to words about how I feel about you. You have been the one who’s better at that. All I know is that seeing you after a long day is something that calms me down better than a full night’s sleep. That pizza always tastes better when you are around and the fact that I don’t mind how stupid I look when I hold your hand or kiss your cheek when we go out. So yeah. I love you.

Fred.

Putting the paper down you looked at Fred who made it a point not to glance at you.

“I was kidding,” you said softly. Fred muttered something which sounded like ‘I know’. You smiled as your eyes filled up. It felt stupid.

“You're adorable. I hate you for making me cry, you know that?”

⟶ what do you think?