°˖✧ soft mornings » regulus black✧˖°

—author's note: this was requested by the prompt was "goodmorning hugs"

—warning(s): none, gender neutral!reader (pronouns aren't used).

—word count: 217

Sighing against the pillow, your hands reached the other side of the bed to Regulus. Beams of soft sunlight fell against the wall, the room seemed to have a golden glow. You loved mornings like these, there was never much to do, no rush to get up— Regulus didn't have much on his mind. Finding his waist, you smiled a little before moving to hold him close.

Hands along his waist, face burrowing in his neck you smelled what was distinctly him. He was slowly waking up too, stirring, breath becoming uneven. Grinning as he opened his eyes, you felt him fall back into you whispering your name. You kissed his cheek, moving over to the jaw, his neck hearing him release a weird noise. Letting out a laugh he turned to face you.

"Hi," he said, kissing your nose, making you crinkle it.

"Hi," you whispered back, your voice horse from sleep. Biting your lip, you debated for a minute before burying your face into his neck, hugging him. He rubbed an arm along your back soothingly, making you melt into him further.

"Sappy, are we?" he said after some time, and you nodded.

You didn't know how long you laid there, having him close but the moment felt infinite yet the shortest of them all.

—let me know what you think!