°˖✧ dancing ✧˖°

⟶ character(s): Fred Weasley, George Weasley, Hermione Granger, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley.

⟶ author's note: I've been having a few hard days so I wrote this for myself. It's completely self indulgent but :P So! Dancing with lightening era characters would include... P.S. I know I've been dead here for almost two weeks, I  sincerely apologise, I do see all the love and I'm thankful!

⟶ warning(s): none I could find, gender neutral!reader (pronouns aren't used)

˗ˏˋ fred weasley 'ˎ˗

Fred loved dancing. More specifically, he loved dancing with you. It was an unguarded secret of sorts, he often put on some music and pulled you in against his chest catching you off guard. You would laugh then, moving in time with his feet as he twirled you around your living room.

Energetic as he was, your steps would soon pick up pace leaving you out of breath but with a wide smile. His arm looped along yours as the two of you would circle pushing your feet up in the air, crackling out loud. As the song would come to an end, he would cradle your face pulling you into a lingering kiss. There was nothing quite simple.

˗ˏˋ george weasley 'ˎ˗

The times George danced with you were rare, but maybe that was what made them even more precious. You would be sitting on the couch reading a book, the radio's hum reverberating throughout the house. One of your favourite songs would come on making George perk up and walk up to you, offering you a hand.

"Dance with me," he would simply say, while you would raise a skeptical eyebrow, giving in anyway. Chuckling a little as you awkwardly stepped on each other's feet, you would sway dramatically making him laugh and join in. He would theatrically spin you around until the music faded in the background and it was just him and you and the giddiness that filled the room. It was never about dancing anyway.

˗ˏˋ hermione granger 'ˎ˗

Hermione loved to try new things every so often. When she came to you with a bright pamphlet of waltz dancing classes with an equally bright smile, you just couldn't refuse. It turned out the classes mostly included old couples, the two of you were the youngest ones there. Nearly all of them sent sly glances towards you and Hermione, often leaving you flustered.

The teacher helped you with the correct posture as the two of you followed the steps, giggling a little at your clumsiness. Hermione picked up fast, helping you move properly, it wasn't long before you were twirling her around the hall, her face full of adoration.

˗ˏˋ draco malfoy 'ˎ˗

Draco had been to innumerous balls ever since he was a child. Dancing reminded him of ballgowns and thick halls and fake smiles. It never excited him, it was more of a chore if anything. When you asked him to dance, you were in awe of how his steps were perfectly coordinated.

"Loosen up," you would tell him, making him confused.

"Are my steps stiff?"

"No, mentally"

And he would visibly deflate. You would pull him closer, resting your head against his shoulder, arms around his neck. His hands would rest on your waist, almost as if you were hugging and you two would just spin around slowly.

"This feels nice," he would say after some time, pulling you into a long kiss sighing against your forehead.

˗ˏˋ ginny weasley 'ˎ˗

Ginny and you frequently danced and it was often careless. Throwing hands up in the air, jumping and laughing along with the music. She loved collecting muggle records and had found she had a taste for rock. The living room shelves were decorated with her favourites and she would put them on hopping around like no one was watching. Still looking graceful somehow.

You would watch her from the doorway, smiling at the beautiful sight as she would pull you towards her placing her hands on your shoulders swaying from side to side, wide grins on your faces.

⟶lmk what you think!