OoT!Link x Reader - Are You The One...?

"Come on you guys!"

Your so called "friends" had walked away from you. You had lived the life of a Kokiri for 7 years, and still you had no fairy.

"Don't listen to them. They're a fake, look at them! They're growing up! And they don't have a fairy! They don't belong here!"

That was enough.

You had willed yourself not to crack for weeks, since you started to get taller then everyone. But that was enough.

You had put up with the ridicule long enough.

Your eyes filled with angry tears you ran towards the Deku Tree.

Once you reached him you burst, "I'm not a Kokiri am I?" You cried.

The Deku Tree sighed, "I knew this day would come. (Y/n)... You are not a Kokiri."

Tears streaked your face at this.

"Then why make me think I was one?"

"You weren't ready to hear the truth. I need you to do something for me."

---

It had taken you a few hours to find your way, but you had made it. Silently, you sat on the steps of the temple of time, waiting.

Waiting for a so called hero that would join you shortly.

---

Link ran towards the temple of time, Zora's Sapphire in hand. The Deku tree had told him to bring it to the temple, where someone who would help him would be. Running towards the steps, he slowed, noticing easily the most beautiful person he had ever seen.

They twiddled with their thumbs as they stared at the ground, your (h/c) hair framing your face in the most perfect way. His face started to heat up as he approached.

"Umm, hi?" He stumbled walking towards them.

"Ack!" You yelled, "I'm sorry! I didn't see you there." You giggled, hiding a (embarrassed) blush of your own.

At the sound of your small voice he had already known. He was in love.

---

"It's okay. I didn't mean to startle you." His blush deepened as he brought his hand to the back of his head.

"So, are you the one I've been waiting for?" You quizzed.

"Yes...?" The boy lifted his brow.

"That was not very convincing." You chuckled.

"Well I don't know, are you the one that I'm looking for?"

"Maybe." You spoke, digging into your pocket and bringing out the Kokiri's Emerald.

At this his eyes widened, he opened his palm and revealed the Sapphire.

"So I guess you are, Hero."

---

407 words.

Not a lot of anything but I wanted to write about you and child Link, he's so cute <3