BotW!Link x Reader - Beloved Curse

My love for you held me back.

You were not meant for me.

As I was not meant for you.

Yet, we found ourselves yearning for each other.

I could not fully love my husband to be, because of you. We were both promised to another. Held by bonds so strong that they felt like a curse.

You were a curse.

One that I loved and hated so dearly.

You were a curse sent by the gods to ruin me.

"We can't do this Link." You sobbed, "It's wrong. I can feel it. My heart. Being torn apart, by this promise and your love."

"I love yo-"

"NO. Stop before you make me do something rash. You are a curse. Meant for me to love but, to far for me to reach." You pushed Link back, looking down at your wedding ensemble. When would your fiancé come looking for you?

"I know that my love is selfish. Everything that love shouldn't be." Link dropped his head, "A greedy love. One I do not want to share. Yes. We truly are cursed." Link's gaze moved from the ground, to the ring on his hand.

A promise.

Not made by him, but one he had to keep nonetheless. The crown on his head weighed him down. This was not what he had wanted.

Lone tears ran down the new king's face as you left.

You were to be married at noon. And a depression had come over the king.

———

The crown on your head felt cold. Your new husband had seemed happy though. Sidon was a good man. He would never hurt you.

But you were terrified that your love for a different King would hurt him.

You spent most of your days walking around the domain. It hurt you that even after all these years, you still could not wholeheartedly love the one you were with. As he loved you.

This curse. One you held dear and shoved away at the same time. Thoughts of Link would plague your mind. Until the day you died.

~~~
344 words.

Short little one because I've been gone so long.

If you have any ideas, please share them. It will help me write faster.