Genius

Madame Maxine's Office | 2nd September 1985 | 3 PM

In Madame Maxine's office were two people. They were Professor Papillon and Madame Abadie. Madam Maxime was behind the desk and looking at them intently. She then said, "Madame Abadie. Please go ahead with your first impression of the students."

Madame Abadie was still in a bad mood from the incident. "Madame Maxime, there are talented individuals in the class, and they are leaded by Mr. Nasper Aubert. However," Madame Abadie's face contorted. "However, there are some students that the academy could do without. Ms. Fleur Delacour spouted lies on how she was accompanied by Scion of House Potter. And the gall of the young man to have the crest of the Potters on his uniform!"

Madame Abadie was still not sure whether or not the person was a Potter or not, but her instincts said that a poorly dressed person without any accessories and most importantly, without a regal air of aristocracy around him would never be a descendant of a famous house. Moreover, the only publicly known Potter alive was Harry Potter, and he would only be 5 years old.

"He is indeed Charlus Potter, Heir of The Ancient and Noble House of Potter. His godfather is Sirius Black. I advice you to refrain provoking the young boy. As for you Professor Papillon?"

Professor Papillon smiled widely, and Madame Maxime understood what his grin meant. The only time he grinned this much was 12 years ago, when the current 13th years joined the school. She nodded and said, "I trust your judgement and teaching ability. I hope that you will not disappoint me. Dismissed."

__________

Professor Papillon's Office | 2nd September 1985 | 3:15 PM

Professor Papillon looked at the paper in his hand. As he had taken a magical oath not to disclose the answers of the paper to anyone, the only one he could allow to read the answers were himself. He had burned every single paper except the one in his hands.

MAGIC THEORY PAPER

1) In your view, what is magic?

Ans. Magic is a power. It is a form of energy that simply exists. Humans are one of the few creatures that have the privilege if harnessing it. The only thing that humans don't have control of is magic.

2) Which is more important? Knowledge on spells, or how to use them properly?

Ans. Both are equally important. Without knowledge of spells, one cannot counter spells properly. Without being able to use these spells properly, it is useless having the knowledge of spells.

3) Why do you think you had accidental magic?

Ans. I only have accidental magic when I want something to happen bad. So this means accidental magic is triggered by extreme emotions.

These answers seemed basic, but seeing that an 8-year-old wrote them, it was clear that he was a genius. Professor burned the paper in his hand after going through it again. He wanted to commit the memory of those answers to his head. The only time he had seen answers close to Charlus' ones were 12 years ago.

Thinking about it made Professor Papillon smile. He got up from his desk and left his office to walk around the school. He first went to the library to see who the first person who would visit be. It took him 20 minutes to reach the library.

He entered the library and first addressed the elephant in the room.

"Old man Rick." Professor Papillon acknowledged the librarian respectfully. He then looked around but didn't find anyone.

"No one came yet boy. I will tell you who came first tomorrow. Go look around the campus." Old man Rick said.

"Where is Matilda?" Professor Papillon asked.

"She is on vacation. I'm covering for her for one month. It's good for my bones to see young children, even if it is in this place where it's too quiet."

Professor Papillon nodded and left the library. He then went to the one place where no 1st years were allowed- the clubs. No first years were allowed to be influenced by clubs beforehand since that could influence his/her choice in the future. This would make students pick the wrong area of interest which would setback their future career since they might not perform as good as they would perform at other fields.

He entered the reception to the club rooms hall. He saw that there were a total of 10 clubs. He laughed to himself, thinking, "There were only 9 clubs since the founding of Beauxbatons. Now there are 10, and the 10th one is a middle finger to every blood supremist wizard in all of Europe."

He was looking at the club called 'Alchemist Society for Pure-bloods'. It was a club that promoted alchemy among students and had great amounts of resources at it's disposal. However, it only accepted those who weren't pure-bloods, which was a huge hit to the face of many Pure-blooded families. It was started by the person who brought Beauxbatons much fame and acclaim for Alchemy in the last 2 years.

"Do you need anything Professor?" A student nearby asked. Professor Papillon simply smiled at the student and said, "Tell him to meet me day after tomorrow after their Charms class."

______

Library | 2nd September 1985 | 10 PM

Old man Rick looked at the person who entered the library. It was Professor Papillon. Professor Papillon looked at Old man Rick and asked, "I just saw him come out with a book. Is he first this time too?"

Old man Rick's reply greatly surprised him. "No. There was a first year before him. Some blonde. Very interesting person. I didn't think he existed."

"Existed?"

"Nothing that concerns you. Now move along. I have to close the library and go."

Professor Papillon was left in the middle of the night in front of the library. The one thing that was going through his mind was that Charlus had been the first student to the library.